Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Our" Zoo

We decided to take the kids to the Racine Zoo last Friday after Jared got home since they are SO into animals lately. John even informed me today that he doesn't really like Kung Fu Panda anymore, just animals. He's into this phase 100% and I'm having trouble keeping up! It's cute, and I love it, but I'm not as good as he is at telling the difference between Sandhill and Crowned Cranes, or King and Turkey Vultures. And what about all the whales, sharks, monkeys, and birds he knows. Crazy. He gets so amazed when I don't know an answer to his questions, but I have never known (or cared for that matter--can I say that?) too much about animals. Anyway, here are the pix...Sneaking up on the peacocks...
Moving in a little closer, they were both going nuts about everything--it was too cute!


Notice the meerkat between them...Jared took this cute picture.
Loved the tiger
Didn't love the walking--she still just loves to be carried.

The lake had some cool colors going on, but you can't tell too well in the picture, but you can see our lovely Springtime trees in bloom. Oh, wait...
Behind the kids is a walaroo, I think--some kind of kangaroo-ish thing. Ask John, I don't know! :o) You can't really see it anyway, but it was cool that it was kind of free to roam around this section.
And some cool fish...

Jared thought they'd like the foot massager, and I think it kind of scared Sara.


Look how sweet they were being-

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a fun day. On wednesday Abi wanted to show the kids our new 'library' area and John went through every book finding all the ones I have on animals to look at. It was cute.

LeShel said...

John is SO smart about animals! It's cute how he constantly tells me what animal he is being and then all the details related to the species, etc...
I'm so use to Clayton feeding me facts that I don't know that having John filling me with buckets of information unknown to me is like reliving Clayton's younger years. I love it!!
John is a keeper!
Thanks for taking Isaak yesterday. I was able to get some work done without him hanging on me begging to play.

Seth and Julie said...

I am not an animal lover either. To me anything with wings is a bird, anything monkeyish is a monkey, etc. I have no idea what the difference is between a crocodile and an alligator. How embarassing...a 4 year old is putting me to shame. Maybe I will have him tutor me.

And I am still looking for a blossom or some sign of Spring too...let me know if you see anything.

Team Ryan said...

John, that kid knows a lot about EVERYTHING- one smart cookie! Ohhh how I miss those two kiddos! I love the picture of them on the foot massager, Sara looks like, "What the...?!?!?!?" ha ha, too funny! Looks like it was a nice spring day! Fun, fun!

A 'n D said...

so fun! i love the zoo and we're hoping to make it SOMETIME this year!
i'm glad you could visit & have cousin time for the kiddos during easter!
and your hair is darker!! do you love it?! someday, i may be brave & color!
are you coming out here at all this year???

Carlsbad Whitings said...

I'm glad you have a zoo to go to. Remember the white tigers at the Cincinnati zoo? Quite a wonder! We love John's animal stories. I'm glad you got the Little Kids Geographic, hope it fills many fun hours.

Emily said...

Such cute kids! Yes, I am pretty sure that John knows way more about animals than I do. Maybe he will be the next Crocodile Hunter. But, wait, thinking of John, he would probably more likely be a Bird Hunter that works from the comfort and cleanliness of his own trailor.
:)