Tuesday, April 7, 2009

John's latest

Last Friday I drove up to Milwaukee to hang out with my sis-in-law and her cutie pie kids. We decided to go check out the Urban Ecological Center, which she had heard was fun for kids (uh, we did not exactly give it four stars if you are wondering). Anyway, we didn't tell the kids much about where we were going, and all of a sudden John says, "I hope it's not the hospital." No idea where that came from.

Also, we drove by a Tai Chi place, so I thought he'd think that was cool. I told him to look and tried to explain that it was kind of like a Kung Fu school. He saw the poster and immediately said, "I know all those moves." Since when are four-year-olds hard to impress?! Sheesh.

Oh, but he did like the pond in front of the Ecological Center, and the ducks in it. He then just had to tell the super-granola type lady at the desk that it was just like the duck his daddy shot with Mike. I'm surprised she let us in after that!

Too bad I didn't have my camera then, and sorry no pix--I'll get some more up soon.

2 comments:

Team Ryan said...

THat's hilarious the duck comment john made... dont you just love what kids say and WHEN! Too funny!

That was so fun to see baby pix of the kids. I will ALWAYS love the picture of John for his first halloween... so so cute! I love the picture of Sarah in her carseat smiling (the same one you said you loved) They are both such cute kids and boy do we miss THEM and you and jared!!!!! Thanks for the GREAT post, i love love seeing the pix.. keep em coming- new or old!!!

LeShel said...

Poor granola lady. I'm guessing she had to go home and cry. Kids say the darndest things.