Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter in Indiana with my littlest big bro


So for Easter we packed up and headed south to try to find some evidence of Spring, and we ended up at my brother's house in Bloomington, Indiana. Actually, they graciously invited us to come down to hang with them and my sis-in-law's sister, husband, and adorable baby. We'll do anything for ham and creamed potatoes--YUM.

It was a ton of fun, and the kids were SO excited. They didn't even want to pack up any toys, because they love all of Maggie's (and of course they had to get everything out about every five minutes).

Friday night we dyed eggs and had a "YouTube's Best" party and Jared fell for the Mountain Dew glowing thing--it doesn't work, by the way. Anyway, we had fun hanging out and going to the pool, only to find out it was reserved for a party-DOH!--so back home for more hanging out and sausage dip, of course!

Saturday we went to the town's Easter Egg Hunt, the Lilly Library (which is more of a museum and was super cool--see the pix), and then to an awesome Turkish cafe for lunch. Loved it! We took the kids to a fun park after that, and then went home to have another hunt. On a side note, John lined up and inspected all his eggs while Sara just opened them all and ate everything in each one--funny kids. Then we did a Christensen family tradition--an egg roll. It was fun, but alas, I'm not even good at that sport! Megan won it all, and her egg even beat Justin's Chuck Norris egg! Then we actually did go swimming, where for once it wasn't one of my kids that was doing the throwing up! Sorry, just had to mention that--Maggie actually just swallowed too much water and some came back up with a few additions--oops. John hasn't stopped talking about how he went under water so much, and he really did great! Maggie is a little fish, too, but Sara was not quite ready to be adventurous in the water, but you should have seen her on the three story slide at the park!

So Sunday we tried to get to church on time and came pretty close, but I did forget to put foil on the potatoes before we left, so they were a little crispy, you might say. Sorry! They were still so good, though! Justin did a couple things in the Easter program and had a beautiful solo, which was really fun to hear. Then the Easter Bunny finally brought the baskets while we were at church (what a lazy bunny!).

Whew, I think that about covers it, if you are still reading. I know you just wanted to see the pictures, right?

Hope you all had a great Easter, and thanks again Justin and Megan!




8 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I am glad John got to make his World egg. He wanted to do that at my house but after the watercolors were a flop he gave up.

And how cool is holding the original Book of Mormon? I have seen quite a few of them but they are always in cases or being handled by someone with white gloves.

Cheryl said...

Those were great pictures. It looks like you guys had a great Easter.

Emily said...

What a fun weekend! Sara and Maggie look so cute together.
The First Edition Book of Mormon was cool to see too!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love the pictures!

The Whitings said...

Who you calling littlest? I weigh a lot more than Jason and Joel.

Glad you guys came. We had a great time and hope you did too. I didn't even see you taking many pictures but these are great. I especially like "Jared's smile" ... Oh wait.

Carlsbad Whitings said...

What a cute trio of Easter kids! I'm so glad you all were able to get together for the holiday. Lynn and I were going to just have steak on Sunday, but a nice lady in the ward invited us to come over and "eat ham and boxed potatoes." It was good, and fun to get to know her and her kids. Your dad gave a wonderful Easter Sermon along with the other two in the Bishopric. It's good to hear doctrine! I hope you read his talk.

Team Ryan said...

What fun being able to go visit your brother for Easter! I LOVED all the pictures, #1...love your easter dress-VERY cute! #2 that is so cool all the historical things you were able to see- Lincoln's desk, the bible and VERY cool was the Book of Mormon, so so cool. i LOVEd the miniture books-so cute! Cute family picture too. I LOVE the dark hair!!!! Thanks for FINALLY posting a pix so i could see it! :)

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun, and hooray...you got to enjoy some spring flowers that we are still waiting for in our hemisphere! It must be great to have family within driving distance!