Friday, June 5, 2009

My bad!




Well, I got my Bare Minerals or Escentuals or whatever samples, and I wasn't too impressed. The size was tiny, of course, but since it was so small, it was hard to even get any powder out to be able to tell if it was going on at all. The brush was adorable, but too small to work with, if you ask me. I think I'll give it one more try and then just give the brush to Sara to play with. Let me make sure I'm being clear here, I'm not knocking the product at all, it's just that I didn't feel like the sample gave me much of a sample I guess. So, I'm sorry if anyone else was disappointed. It was totally cute packaging, but it didn't sell me on anything. Maybe it was just me. Any thoughts, Lis, Margie, LeShel or anyone else who ordered it?

PS--I actually think these pictures make it look bigger than it is, but keep in mind I have tiny hands and that is a quarter by the things.

8 comments:

Carlsbad Whitings said...

I say ditch the stuff and wear the quarter!

Cheryl said...

Wow. I almost got that too after your post but then I spaced it. I agree it's not much of a sample. But Sara will love the brush. Abi has a little one I gave her and she uses it all the time. You should use what you can of the powder, rinse it out, and let her use the container too.

Seth and Julie said...

That cracks me up. I was actually surprised that they were doing samples. I was on a BE conference call once and they said they would never do samples because you can't get the idea without the 2 shades of foundation, mineral veil (top coat) and the full set of brushes. It is a really good product and you can get a LO discount if you ever want to take a gamble on it again. Or...go into Sephora and have them do a makeover on you. That would be fun!

Jen said...

That's too bad. I was looking forward to hearing good things. It really is a tiny sample. How do they expect potential customers to actually try the product when you get microscopic amounts?

LeShel said...

You do have very small hands. I must say in my fat palm they looked much smaller!

I agree the samples didn't turn out so super great but I'm still using them because I just feel special when I pull out my magic brush and put the stuff on my face.

I'm hoping with all the upcoming pictures the little bit of magic can go a long way!

Team Ryan said...

okay yes, the samples are tiny... but i LOVE IT. I get awesome coverage even with my teeny tiny brush. Its the right color for me, I ordered 2 different shades and I just combined them into one container and it worked out GREAT. I'm totally sold i LOVE IT! I cant wait to buy the big ones :)

Katelin said...

I'll have to try combining both into one for sure--good idea Margie! And LeShel, I like the idea of the magic brush, my skin could use some magic!

Melissa said...

I agree it was tiny, but it was enough to know that I love it! I hate wearing makeup, and this stuff is so light. I forget I'm wearing makeup at all. It blended in so nice, and the coverage looks great all day. I'm definitely getting a big one, and I would never have known if I hadn't seen it on your blog, so THANKS!