


Have you been to the UFO Museum and Research Center (love the addition of Research Center--how official) in Roswell, NM? If not, you've missed out! Let me just say that we basically only went because it's about an hour away from where my parents live now, and there are not a lot of other things to keep entertained around there, so we went. Or at least, that's why I went. I think Jared would have gone a little more out of his way, but anyway! We went in December 2007 when we spent Christmas with my parents, so here are a few pix...




So, are you tired of the tour yet? Well, I really should let Jared post about all this alien stuff sometime; I just really wanted to post the funny pictures from last weekend. After a conversation about aliens and such between Jared and Mike, Mike decided to have an alien party, so here are the results! Jen and Mike really went all out with decorations, mini alien toys and all (I'm sure John will cherish his forever!). They served yummy spaghetti and space balls and some alien soup jello thing that they actually forgot to serve-bummer! :o) Julie made the delish alien strawberries, oh, and I could totally use one right now! She also made a very yummy Buffalo chicken dip that was so good--go Buffalo! Even though she was trying to call it alien puke or something, it was still super good. Gabby and Joe brought a tantalizing looking bruschetta, but I never even tried it because by the time they arrived, I was stuffed to the gills. I made some focaccia that we called alien bread. But I believe the only one who started the preparation the night before was Jared, who created the alien cake. He was so excited about this. I was at enrichment, so he had the "help" of the kids, and he even formed the alien form in the pan with heavy duty foil rather than just cut a cake into the shape, because he wanted it to be bigger. Anyway, the cake was green and the frosting was grey, to be more accurate to what aliens "really" look like. Not bad, huh? I thought it looked awesome! The kids were SO excited about it, and then of course we ended up putting them to bed before we ate it--we're so mean. They had some later, though.
Anyway, the hardcore alien fans (you can probably guess who) stayed till the end of "Fire in the Sky," which is an intriguing movie for sure. Hey, I stayed awake, and that says a lot! Check it out and see what you think!
It was a lot of fun--everyone should have an alien party once in a while!




5 comments:
Wow. I remember seeing Fire in the sky in the theaters and being freaked out on the drive home because it hadn't taken place very far from us.
Yes, I believe. I used to listen to Art Bell at night when driving home from seeing Doug and hanging with friends (I lived pretty far south from everyone) and got to listen to all sorts of fun supernatural things.
I think Roswell would be really cool.
You know I am always down for a good theme party (minus the movie), even if Jared used his actual lenses on that cake! Oh well, the cake did look awesome.
But I believe your question was do you believe???? Uh...not so much. Of course I believe in life on other planets but all these abductions and conspiracy theories leave me skeptical. I think all the mystery is fun though.
So glad you guys were up for the alien fiesta. Mike is very happy to have found some friends here that share in his odd ways of thinking. Jared fits that bill to a T. I will have to show Mike your pictures of Roswell. He will be so jealous.
You guys are so funny...an alien party. I do stand by my sighting of a UFO once though. Looks like a good time.
I keep inviting everyone to come and vist us in Carlsbad. We are only 1 hour from Roswell and I would take anyone who wants to go, including friends of Katelin. They are building a new UFO museum,I think. Sounds like a really fun party. I wish I'd been invited!
Post a Comment