Saturday, May 30, 2009

Green Thumbs Up!



I have always been impressed by people who do a lot of gardening--they are just amazing to me! Jared probably lost hope for me as a gardener long ago when I consistently killed every houseplant he bought me when we were first married. I'm going to say it was the fact that we had no A/C and we were both working and in school, so we were never around, but I'm the first to admit that I know nothing about gardening!

Anyway, I've heard about these upside down planters for tomatoes and when I saw them in Shopko for $10 the other day, I thought this seemed like my kind of gardening!! It seems like a great idea--you can do all sorts of different veggies and can do two plants in one, and Jared figured out a place to hang it, so my gardening days have begun. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

cindave said...

i just saw those on tv for like $30 and thought they looked intriguing. i'm a total gardening retard. and as i read this, i remember once again that i have yet to water the flowers outside that are probably all dead by now. i struggle. anyway, let us know how it works out!

Team Ryan said...

That is so cool. Ive never even heard of an upside down planter...pretty cool stuff! The funny thing is... Ryan is the master gardener here. Like you, I kill plants. Thankfully we have our husbands ;)

LeShel said...

you go! I have a special place in my heart for all the plants I've killed. You're going to have some yummy tomato's this year!

Heather said...

I wondered how well those actually worked, so keep us posted! Good luck!

Seth and Julie said...

Let me know if that thing is fool proof because I am definitely a fool in the garden. The fact that the only thing I am growing in my planter is dirt might have tipped you off.

Emily said...

Cool! I can't wait to see how it does!

Carlsbad Whitings said...

I have the 3-hole version and my tomatoes are looking good. Of course I have to water them every day because of the 100 degree weather. Fresh tomatoes are the best, I can't wait for the harvest. Loved our long chat yesterday. Keep brainstorming for a trip.

Jen said...

Ha, I keep seeing these advertised on an informercial and have wondered if they really work. Keep us updated. Mike has gone crazy with his gardening this year. I can't complain though since I don't have to do any of the work.

A 'n D said...

i almost bought one myself for $10!! let me know how it works - i may still try it with tomatoes this year!