w
So, Jared's parents and sister came to visit for the weekend, and we got to do some really fun things, but let me go in order here. Before they got here on Saturday, the kids had a Primary activity in the morning that was so fun!! The little builders made a family night toolbox with tools that had scriptures on them to teach us about the tools we have to strengthen our families, they also got to decorate sugar cookies shaped like houses, and "build" temples with paper squares, and other cute games. I went to help out, and it was even fun for me!
Then Saturday evening Jared's fam arrived after driving all day, so we just took it easy and chatted for a while and got Chinese food--yum!! Sunday we went to church where one of my little angels threw a chair at his friend in Primary--yes, you read that right. Uh, a CHAIR, for crying out loud! Some of you have blogged about your kids saying inappropriate things in Primary, but hey, at least they weren't starting bar fights! Sheesh. Jared heard the ruckus from the hall and came in to remove the little problem child, who by this time was sitting by me at the piano hitting me. In his defense, he was really sad (which quickly turns to mad sometimes) that this friend had said they weren't friends anymore and had hit him I guess, but still. I didn't even see it since I was behind the piano, but I didn't even notice the chair out of place when I did look up, and there was no blood or anything, so I hope it wasn't too hard a hit--sorry!! Now I guess you all know how I discipline, right? :o)
So, then after church we went up to Milwaukee to Jared's brother's and had a fun day hanging out outside and enjoying the delish chimichanga dinner--Thanks Nicki! The kids had a ball swinging, watching for the airplanes coming in for a landing (the airport is like half a block away), riding in the trailer thing behind the riding lawn mower, watching the escapades with the airsoft gun, including their Grandma shooting their Grandpa in the head! I believe Jared put her up to it, and she claims she was aiming for his waist, but she got him right behind the ear, and even drew blood! What a violent Sunday we had! That night they made a fire and we did marshmallows and Jared seranaded us with Nicki's guitar and it was way fun. I always love sitting around a fire, there's just something about that, isn't there?
Then we went home late and happened to see some crazy road rage going on--this big Suburban and a smaller sedan were both coming in the the middle lane at the same time and almost hit, and then swerved away. But then the Suburban swerved back over and hit the sedan and then sped off. Well, we weren't about to let that hit and run just go unnoticed, so we tailed that Suburban and called it in. We followed it for a while on the freeway, but didn't want to get too involved when it exited off. The police didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal, and we didn't see them catch up to the guy or anything, so who knows what happened. Oh, well, we tried to help. I guess that just tops off our violent Sunday!
So then we got up early Monday morning to head back up to Milwaukee to see a parade and then go to the Brewers game, so John kept saying this was the best day ever!! The parade was a lot of fun, even though we were super cold of all things, and then we headed to the game, and the kids fell asleep on the way there, they were so exhausted already. We got backed up in traffic, so then we had to practically run in to our seats, because of course Jared didn't want to miss a second of it, so we were hauling. Somehow I got stuff in both contacts, so I had tears streaming down my face as were trying to find our seats (I can only imagine what people must have thought), and had to make a pit stop to wash them out, but we did make it to our seats eventually. I was worried the kids might not like the game, since they were tired already and because we had tried it before with them and they completely freaked out from all the noise, but it was two years ago, so they were much smaller. Anyway, they did like the game, although I think Sara was bored, and she just kept climbing around to different laps and just goofing around. I think I took the kids out to the bathroom like three different times, but they were happy they got their peanuts and cracker jacks--Jared had been teaching them the song. I'm not sure how this happens, but we seem to curse games, because no one scored until the tenth, yes, tenth inning. This happened when we went to the Cubs game with Jared's fam last September, too. How bizarre is that? Needless to say, I was really starting to wish I had brought a book! At least this time, the Brewers did pull it off, so at least we won, but I thought the game was not too exciting. Basically every hit was caught and almost no one even got to first, so it was weird to watch. But it was a lovely day, so at least I wasn't sweating watching all this go down. There was some interesting people watching too, so it was fun. There was a family in front of us that got their not-so-little, little girl a bag of cotton candy which she was chowing down by the sticky handful and they were just oohing and aahing over her--kind of put me out of the mood for cotton candy for a while.
After the game we went to a park at the lake to eat the tailgating treats that we had planned to eat before the game, and other than freezing to death, it was fun. Tuesday morning the kids and I joined the mandatory stop at the Jelly Belly store to load up, and that was fun, too, and then said goodbye to the fam, which wasn't so fun.
Well, I think that's about all the drama for the weekend, if you're still reading. I've got to go pick up the kids from play group, so I'm hoping there hasn't been any more violence going on! I'll have to arrange the pictures later...
7 comments:
Thanks for coming Saturday. You were seriously a life saver!
We were in Milwaukee on Monday and we were trying to decide if it would have been a good idea to go to the baseball game. I love to go...for the food and chit chat, but I think Chloe would have been a mess.
Also, isn't it funny how that Jelly Belly factory tour has to be hit every time anyone comes in to town no matter how many times they have been there before.
Fun weekend! The picture of you and Sara is really cute. Your highlights look really pretty with your hair straight...or curly for that matter.
What a fun filled weekend!
Sounds very exciting...and exhausting! But I guess having to take two is better then lugging around 5! Our poor kids never get to get out, because we are just not that brave. Looks like they had a blast! Thank goodness for sleeping kids in the car right?
HELLLLO gorgeous... i LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair. So me to totally notice that ;) BUT I LOVE IT! Love the dark hair, love the cut and LOVE LOVE the highlights... you look GREAT!!!!
Thanks for posting all the fun pix from the past weekend. It was fun to see what you guys did and hear about johns Sunday incident. John... that really surprised me, maybe he thought he was kung fu panda or something ;) Well sweetie... you look GREAT and so does the rest of the fam! MISS YOU!
Yeah...Tyler and his "I don't want to be your friend anymore" phrase! Sorry about that, that's his reaction when he is not pleased. Well I hope they don't leave each other on a bad note this Sunday, it will be our last.
I thot you had learned to always have a Reader's Digest in your purse! That ball game would have provided alot of good reading time, except when eating hotdogs. (They taste so good at a ballpark.) Glad the Mortons had a good visit. It's fun to see the relatives. Are they taking Katie to DC? Thanks for the pictures, I love pictures! The kids look so old. You look great, the hair is cute. We had a great weekend with J2 and family. The swimming was good in the Pecos River, I hope you all can try it sometime.
Sounds like a fun and busy weekend. Keep an eye on that boy of yours;) That's too funny!
Post a Comment