Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sara, Sara, Sara.

***If you have a weak stomach, you may want to skip this post entirely.***

So, right after I posted last Thursday about how my little Sara is kind of a puker, she just had to go and seriously prove my point. Ugh. Friday night about an hour and a half after putting her down she had a rerun of her dinner that she dragged all through her room and out to the hall, before she burst into tears and alerted us to the situation. Wow, she made a mess, and it was gross--I won't be too descriptive here! Jared immediately got on the phone to see if he could rent a steam cleaner right that second, but it was too late. We did our best to clean it up and then of course wouldn't let her near any soft surface, poor thing. So Saturday was spent with a rented carpet cleaner, and Jared really worked hard and did all the carpets while he was at it. She didn't eat much, and we vigilantly followed her around with a bucket, but she did have a fever, so we weren't sure what bug she had. So, anyway, I went off to a fun girls' night Twilight party--yes, I read them and enjoyed them a lot, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Then the second I opened the door at about 10:30, Jared was dumping her in the tub again! Poor thing had thrown up and not even woken up, and Jared only discovered said mess when he checked in on her. He said she burst into tears again when he told her she had thrown up. At least all of this was just on bedding and could just be thrown in the washer.

Anyway, we didn't think we should spread the love, so we stayed home from church Sunday--oh, and we were basically snowed in, too. LOVE WISCONSIN! Jared broke off a piece of his front bumper (to be fair, he had cracked it in a prior snow storm) getting to his meetings in the morning, and he said he was almost high centering and fish-tailing all over the place. Uh, shouldn't someone tell Wisconsin that it is Spring!?!

She seems to be over it now, but I shouldn't jinx it. Oh, and John keeps saying that the only rule in our house is is "No Throw Upping." Not a bad idea, but I just don't think we're out of those woods for some reason. Good thing she's so cute!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Poor Sara. That has got to be hard on her.
We skipped church Sunday too when we saw our roads that morning. No one had been driving in them yet and we didn't want to deal with it. I feel like it's January again.

Megan said...

The only thing your post is missing is some pictures...just kidding! Thanks for not posting any! I hope she is better now.

Heather said...

Oh, that brings back memories of Madi throwing up from the top of the bunk bed at which time Ryan grabbed her and ran her to the bathroom while she continued to puke. It was everywhere, from top to bottom and all over the hall! It also happened to us late at night, so no cleaner! Also had an incident with red fruit punch flavor on the carpet this week. Its going around for sure! Glad you made it to Twilight though.

cindave said...

UGH! i feel for you! we had puking several weeks ago and it was NO FUN for anyone! and andersen keeps saying his tummy hurts, but then acts fine, so i can't decifer that one. anyway, good luck! and what is with the snow?? we have some too, unfortunately, but only a little. still a bummer!

Seth and Julie said...

As soon as the puking stops bring your kids over here and I am sure we can conjure it up again...they seem to love to puke here.

Team Ryan said...

Poor thing :( I hope she keeps getting better and I hope nobody else gets it. I'll try and send some sun your way!!!!! MISS YOU GIRLIE!

LeShel said...

super yuck. I actually as a small child use to throw up and fall back asleep only to have my parents find me in the morning. I'm sure it's a nasty surprise.
My favorite thing is when my kids come running in to say, I'm going to throw AAGGHGHAHGHG all over me!
Glad that it seems to have passed for now. I agree with John's rule. It seems to be the most important one at our house too.

A 'n D said...

i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry! our kids aren't big pukers, but they seem to love doing it when we're out & they have a sitter! two of d's sisters have had puke...and those were the only times in a whole year for both kids too, crazy!
mother nature didn't get the memo it's spring here, either, juding by the 3 inches of snow yesterday and much more on the way, apparently. joy.

Carlsbad Whitings said...

I can't think of many clever things to say about vomiting except that it is a perfectly good biblical word! Sara can vist us any time, we have mostly tile floors. Hang in ther Sara, I've been "car sick" all week too. I think our weather is a little kinder right now too. Yesterday it was in the high 70's and your dad mowed the lawn for the first time this spring. Enjoy Conference this weekend!