If you haven't heard, Kung Fu Panda is the latest craze for John, and he spends hours and hours coloring, drawing, playing with and imitating the Furious Five fighters and their "moves." He has over thirty different coloring pages that he has colored that must not be thrown away, which he often spreads out to study. He has the complete McD's set of the fighters, which often HAVE to come with us somewhere. He has filled about four regular notebooks and countless plain white paper with his own drawings, which are all also special. He loves to come into my room to practice his moves on my bed--his is not big enough, of course. And every day when it's school he asks if we're going to learn about Kung Fu that day. I've tried to explain that I'm not a master, but he doesn't think it's a problem, because he is and he will show us. Oh, I see!
Well, as the saying goes, practice makes perfect. Check out his drawings. Remember that he is four. If you happen to be KFP illiterate, the top is Viper, then Monkey, Mantis, Crane, and Tigress at the bottom. I especially loved the Mantis he did in the other one. I know I can't do better, that's for sure.
9 comments:
Those are pretty awesome. I am currently trying to get Alex to draw a circle. Poor kid got my artistic ability.
At least John really gets his moneys worth out of his toys. I wonder what the next obsession will be.
Those pictures are amazing. He's got talent! I love listening to him and watching him do the 'moves'. He's hilarious.
Wow! I'm impressed. I've got to brush up on my Kung Fu Panda trivia before I see John again. He totally kicked my butt with the whole Cars thing last time. I'll impress him with my KFP skills ... you'll see.
well done!!!
Sara couldn't be any cuter. Must take after her gma W! I've worn a few boas in my day. We whipped up to Ruidoso for a quick bday celebration on tues. Saw a cute but silly version of Bye,Bye,Birdie" You'd better let John see an EDITED version of "Crouching Tiger". I just watched it and the moves are amazing.
SWEET!!! You need to keep those, those are SO GOOD! I knew IMMEDIATELY who they were as soon as I saw the pix without reading the post, WAY TO GO JOHN!!!!!! He's a little artist, I couldnt even draw those characters that good! :) VERY VERY CUTE!
wow!!!!!!!! very impressive... our current obsession with drawings & such is wall-e... as is the obsession with keeping all 75 million pages that are drawn & in nearly every room of the house (but how can we throw away our special pages when he even addresses them to each of us by name??!!)
I think the drawings are great! Stay with it John. Imagination is a great thing.
Sara looks great in pink! Love those pictures.
Love G'pa Whiting.
Jackson was sitting with me while I was reading your blog. He knew exactly who John drew. Jackson said,' John loves Kung Fu Panda" Too cute! Good job John!!!!
Post a Comment