Anyway, we stayed in a condo thing with three other super fun families (although we really missed the other two families that moved since last year--so sad!), had a lot of laughs and good food and went to the waterpark a lot. I had hoped that my kids would be the kids that you can't drag away from the slides, but alas, they were the ones you had to drag onto the slides. Factoring in the fevers, I can't say I blame them, but it was still sad that they didn't totally love it. I literally pushed both of them on a few times, and John was bribed into going on his own a few times--enough to get to buy a movie with Dad, and he really just loved the regular pool the best. He actually loves to go under all by himself without even plugging his nose. And Sara, well, she just wanted me to hold her the whole time, although I think she liked the lazy river okay and the ride that we could all go on together. I will say this in their defense, though. There are a lot of things that squirt you in the face all over the place and who likes that? I mean it's one thing to go down a water slide, but when you have to go under a waterfall at the end, that just is a different matter completely, right? Or what about the giant bucket of water that dumps a huge amount of water every few minutes? Seriously terrifying. And even in the wave pool, there are big squirt guns all along the side that people can shoot, and that water is cold!! Is this just me?
Jared and I love the rides, and it was fun to be able to trade off with the guys going and then the girls going. Make sure you watch the video, which is the girls going down a ride that is way fun, and then the camerawoman falling off at the end and getting run over by the tube--sorry, Julie! But, it's pretty funny!
Oh, and then the minute we got home, I knew I had caught what the kids had--yeah, I basically went to bed and didn't get out for several days. The kids watched a lot of TV last week, and Sara keeps saying something about "PBS kids dot org" and "up next." Awesome.
I feel like this post doesn't make the trip sound very fun, but we did have a lot of fun, so I'm not sure what that says about us--either we're desperate and so boring normally that this was great or we are just super fun and can always find the fun! I'm sure it's the latter.
Till next time!
3 comments:
Don't worry we will still always invite you when we hang out...we will just start placing wagers on which kid is going to puke.
I hope they at least had a little bit of fun!
What alot of wet fun! I hope everybody surfaced after the video ride! How does the fun compare to lake Michigan adventures for John and Sara? I know Jared loves it. Maybe you need fish for the ultimate water fun. Did you all cook anything memorable? It's always a challenge to cook for a group.
How's the weather? We have the first snow of the season. Cold!
what a super trip. I'm glad the kids pulled it off even though they had been sick.
Post a Comment