Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fishing indoctrination













Okay, so I really just wanted to put up something so that mouse picture wasn't showing anymore, and I never posted these pictures from a while back. I don't think it's a secret that Jared LOVES to fish, and since it never caught on as a thing we did together (sorry, honey!), he's moved on trying to find fishing buddies in the kids. FOUND! Of course they love anything and everything with Dad, but they especially love all the outdoor excursions Jared drums up. John has even been known to check the smoke stack to see if it's windy out at the lake. Jared gave John his old fishing vest when he got a new one a while ago, and John couldn't be prouder, although I'm thinking we should find him a kid sized one, right?

Well, there aren't usually pictures from the fishing trips, because I usually opt out, but after going this time, I might go more often. It was a beautiful day, and it was so cute to see the kids catch their little fish and decide if they were sun fish or blue gill. Oh, but what about the frog? They were so excited to show me how they catch frogs, and I love the pure happiness on their faces holding those silly, squishy frogs. I was filming part of it, which I still have never figured out how to post--my computer saves the files a different way for some reason. Anyway, at one point Sara was holding the frog and Jared told her to give him a kiss, and so she leaned over to try to give John a kiss. Wrong him, Sara! :o)

I love to see my kids squealing with laughter, and fish and frogs do the trick every time! Of course the secret ingredient in that recipe is DADDY. Love you all, my fishermen and gull-o (that's how Sara pronounces girl)!

7 comments:

The Kindle Family said...

That is so cute that Jared takes the kids fishing! So how are your new neighbors? Did the old lady move out? I also have seen that the weather there has been gorgeous!

Kim said...

We know of a great frogging spot in West. When you come out, we'll take you. My kids love the outdoors too and frogging is such a fun family event!

Emily VanYperen said...

What great pictures! By the way, you are my hero too for the whole mouse situation! You are so brave and you do what you have to do!

LeShel said...

dad's always get the cool award. Super fun.

A 'n D said...

i LAUGHED and LAUGHED about your mouse story...mainly b/c you are not the only mom in the world to do JUST THAT! i really was expecting that you'd cover it up with an upside down bucket or something!!!
so, absolute super hero in my book!!

Melissa said...

Cute post Kate! We're not big fishermen around here (and by that I mean ME!), but the kids do get to go occasionally, and they do love it. Those pictures are darling!

Carlsbad Whitings said...

Kudos to Jared! I think our country needs more dads like him, those that spend time with their kids and have great family time together. I'm also impressed with the resident photographer. Loved the pictures! Are those little fish edible? How about the frogs legs? High in omega rich fish oils, I think. We'll do some proxy fishing and frogging for you at the cabin.