Last Thursday the kids and I went down to finally meet Jared's co-workers and we stayed with him in the hotel overnight. The kids were so excited to see Daddy's work and stay at the hotel. Although, after driving the drive, I understand even more why Jared doesn't want to do that anymore. It was nuts. Jared wanted us to show up at about five when he'd be done, so I thought leaving at 2:30 should leave plenty of time to go 90 miles. I should have known better. Things went pretty smoothly at first, but then everything slammed shut after about Willow Rd. when I was suddenly in the midst of the early rush hour mass exodus, which I wasn't expecting so early. Even after passing the construction mess where it opened up to four lanes, it was a parking lot for much of the way. Anyway, we were late, so I was stressing, so in turn I was nice and sweaty when we went in to meet the boss. Lovely.
At least where we're moving will be on the outskirts of all the traffic craziness, and I shouldn't complain, or none of our friends or family from here will want to come down. The drive was great! :o)
Anyway, it was fun to see his office and the lovely hospital campus. He also wanted to show the kids the swan and cygnets that live in the pond. As we walked out, though, it started a little downpour right in time to get us all drenched and finish off what was left of my hairdo that day. Thank you! Just minutes later it cleared up, and we happened to drive past the county fairgrounds as we were getting our tour of the town, so we thought we'd check out the county fair. I love when we happen upon something unexpected that turns out to be so fun.
There was quite an impressive array of animals, some fun food and rides, and it had cooled down after the rain, so we had a ton of fun. It was still wet in a lot of places, so there was extra mess, but that didn't stop us! I'm sure you don't need an explanation for most of the pictures, so enjoy the show.
What Have You Been Canning this Summer?
7 years ago



7 comments:
how great to be together and have fun! We'll miss you but it will be SO nice for Jared to be closer to work and for you to have him home rather than always driving!
Jeremy loves show chickens! It's on his list of things to have. We love little expeditions that turn into fun adventures also. Good luck on your move!
Awesome! So I take it you are finally moving?? How exciting!
Y'all are darling! Where exactly are you moving to? I'm out of the loop.
just wanted to comment on your talk today....you always do such a good job. it seems so effortless when you're up there. Everything flows so well and I understand everything you're talking about...that's saying a lot! lol. gonna miss you when you leave.
Ouch, that does not sound like a fun drive. I hope Jared is able to bypass all that traffic by leaving early enough.
Post a Comment