I thought I'd try for Wife of the Year as well and I mowed the lawn yesterday. Ow! I used to mow a lot in high school, so I didn't think much of it, but a riding lawn mower is COMPLETELY different than a push one, of course. You don't get raw hands and achey muscles on the riding lawn mower. I don't think I'll be offering to do that again, and I'll have to be more appreciative now when Jared does it. Dang. Thought I could do it all.
Not to overexplain, but you may be interested to know that I had to ask a neighbor to start it for me, too, so that was an embarrassing start. Not that I didn't know how, it's just really hard--even for Jared, really.
And as another tidbit as to why this should be man's work, at one point John came running outside with nothing on but his shirt screaming that he needed me to wipe his, well, you know. Well, remember that I can't start said lawn mower? So, I can't let it go or it will kill, so I have to tell (by screaming over the lawn mower at the top of my lungs) John to bring me the wipes and bend over right in the front yard. Yeah, so that's what was happening there if you happened to be driving by. Poor John did not like that very much, and I'm thinking it's high time to get him independent on this step of the bathroom process.
So, go ahead, call me a wimp, or a bad mom. I won't mind.
What Have You Been Canning this Summer?
8 years ago
7 comments:
Wow - the image in my head...lol! I agree. I can't start our lawnmower either, nut kuddos to you for asking the neighbor. I would have just put it back and gone back inside. A very nice gesture...
Funny story! Be sure and keep it handy for John's most embarassing moments. I'm on my way to Lubbock (on my 44th anniversary) to sit on 5 kids till Saturday-What a celebration!
love the image! good fun!
Haha! Too funny! I think this makes you more of a superhero. Talk about multi-tasking......
I hope Jared appreciates what you go through for him. Next time, I hope he stays on it and gets it done himself! Kudos to you!
A friend in Idaho who also used to be out of town quite a bit said it was important for his wife to have good tools, so he bought her a riding lawnmower.
You are quite a gal! Persistence is good.
There is probably a named disease like "publicwipeaphobia" which you introduced into your son's soul.
Hang in there.
Love,
Dad
What a sight to see, I'm sure. You are brave because I would never attempt that, and we even have a riding lawn mower.
Post a Comment