Monday, January 24, 2011

It's a...

little man!! That gives me a big 0-3 record for guessing the gender of all my babies! Although, lately I was starting to feel more like he was a boy--I don't know why.

Anyway, we're super excited, and I'll have to try to take pictures of the ultrasound prints to post. Everything looks totally perfect with this little one, so we're very relieved and happy, of course. He was very squirmy during the whole thing, so it was kind of nice to show Jared what's going on in there pretty much 24/7. He couldn't believe he was moving so much and the poor technician was really working hard to get decent pictures and measurements. She confirmed that his head is really tucked low and deep down into my netherparts, so no wonder things get a little uncomfortable to say the least.

It was an amazing reminder of the miracle of all of this, and I have been quite emotional about it, and I promise it's not sadness that it's a boy. I think it is quite a mix of things, probably a large dose of hormones, too, but anyway, it is just a lot to take in!

Oh, and they could see that the placenta is attached at the back of the uterus, so it is not anywhere near the C-section scar from before, so that is good. I guess it can also mean that you will feel the baby a lot more, which I definitely have been, so that's kind of fun.

So, that's the happy news! Yay! And, hooray that I'm half-way there!

12 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

YAY!!! I thought you would have a boy and Emily would have a girl, so at least I got one right. Congrats! I don't know one person who is expecting a girl right now. Isn't it funny how it goes in cycles like that. Any names?

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you.

cindave said...

congrats! glad everything is going well and he is healthy and active! although, once he starts running out of room, that will get annoying! :) at least it did for me.

Kati said...

So super excited for you guys!!!! Awesome!

The Whitings said...

I don't want to hear about your netherparts on your blog, thanks.

Love,
Your brother.

The Whitings said...

ps way to go. Can't wait for little Jared Jr. to get here.

LeShel said...

Congrats... i've heard boys are a lot of fun!

Carlsbad Whitings said...

Boys are great, just ask any of your brothers, they were! I reiterate my last advice: Snuggle under your new blanket until spring!

Emily said...

Yay for boys! Congrats! I bet John will love having a little brother!

Katelin said...

Thanks for all the congrats, everybody!!

Jen said...

Such exciting news! I hope your last few months fly by for you so that you're not too miserable. Good luck!

A 'n D said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! blue all around for everyone I know right now, then!!

I am doing better with my keeping in touch & staying updated...so, hopefully, i won't continue to be a month behind (or more) with everything!!!