Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Favorite Freebie



Have you ever done this? Just had to share that Home Depot does a free kid build thing the first Saturday of every month (at least that's the day at the one here). I took the kids and since we hadn't signed up previously, they just had some leftover projects for the kids to choose, but they still had such a ball. They were SO proud of themselves for building their own toys, and it was a lot of fun! We'll definitely be going again. Oh, and Sara's ready for a tailgaiting party, I guess...


And I "trimmed" Sara's hair. A little bit more than I planned, but it was getting a little scraggly, so I wanted to even it out, and, well, I'm pretty sure it was more even before I touched it. Don't look too close! I actually like it a lot--Sorry, Julie! :o) You kept commenting on how long her hair was getting, so I feel bad for cutting it...do you have a thing for long hair? I think the winter static was just making hers extra flat and/or stringy and wild, so the long wasn't working too well...

5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Ha,Ha...I actually like short hair better on most people, actually. I was just so happy to see Miss Sarah's hair sprouting because she was bald for even longer than my babies. I think thin hair always looks best shorter.

I have been meaning to go to one of those Home Depot workshops for years and it has never worked out. Lowes does them too and I really wanted to do the gingerbread houses at Christmas time but it conflicted with the ward party. One of these days I will make it over there.

Seth and Julie said...

Oh sorry, I accidentally put an h on Sara's name.

Katelin said...

What, my Sara have thin hair? I'm so sure! Just kidding--it is pretty thin, although it is filling out a little, but yeah, she probably will not ever get anything close to thick hair. Sigh. Oh, and my mom and I were realizing that John is almost to the age already when I got glasses, so my poor kids are in for it!

Jen said...

Home Depot does have some great classes for kids. I never had the girls try them out because I always felt the girls were too young (or girly) for what they offered. I'll have to keep on the look-out for upcoming classes.

Sara looks adorable with her shorter hair. I've always felt girls/women with finer hair look better with short/medium length hair because it gives it more body.

LeShel said...

The Home Depot workshops are super fun. I haven't done one in a while but I remember my kids loving them.

I love Sarah's hair, she looks beautiful.