I bought just a turkey breast, because I couldn't find any turkeys smaller than like twenty pounds, and that seemed insane. Anyway, it worked out very nicely, especially after I denied any involvement and turned that part over to Jared. He found a recipe for a rub from Guy Fieri and it was delicious!!
I did an apple pie and a pumpkin roll the day before, and decided not to go too crazy. That is, I didn't do a pumpkin pie and the lemon sour cream one that I LOVE. I will save those for a different occasion, but Jared and I both had been wanting a pumpkin roll for a while. These didn't even last long enough for a picture (well, I just forgot--guess I'll have to make some more!), and they were lucky to last to the real day. YUM!! Of course dessert is the most important part for me, so I didn't go nuts making a million other things for the main meal.
I did mashed potatoes, and my mom's delish stuffing (or bacon bread as my kids call it), and corn, and we called it a day. And what a day! Everything turned out great, and then we just relaxed and Jared recuperated from the ward Turkey Bowl. He had fun playing football in the morning, but it was super cold, so I didn't go watch.
Oh, and the night before I had decided to do braids in Sara's hair after her bath. I'd never done that before, so I thought I'd try it out for the special day. Evidently, I'm not that great at making the sizes consistent, so she had a variety of kinkiness going on all over her head. She loved it, though, and was prancing around all day. She even got dressed by stepping into the collar of the shirt so she wouldn't ruin any of her hair! She's such a goof.

Hope you all had a great holiday, and we miss you all!
3 comments:
this childrens museum looks like a super great place!! Also love the book store! I too am glad that only certain creatures are allowed to roam free throughout the store. I do think it would cause a decrease in sales if some creatures weren't caged. Love your little girls hair. I remember my mom braiding mine and sleeping in it. I loved the way it looked when she finished... so fun.
Sara's hair is getting so long. I love the kinky braid hair but I am even more excited about how long her little piggytails are getting.
I am laughing because I can see Mike's dyed mustache in the background in one picture and it cracks me up when he grows the stache and then dyes it...such a spaz.
I wish you guys had come here, or that we had gone there. Our company backed out last minute and it was too late to make other plans. Dells, soon? I hope so!
Loved our chat. I always love it cwhen you have a new post. The "bacon bread" looked just right! Always my favorite. Such cute hair ,Sara. Worth whatever you have to sleep on. I remember the huge rollers and/or orange juice cans when I was in High School. Of course, that's when I had hair!
I'm in Lubbock, so the address might look funny.
Post a Comment