Not that I've gone crazy shopping, but like I said, I really agonized about finding "the" things for them. I didn't want to spend too much, but I had enough to work with, and Jared has even gotten a couple bonuses--from the clinic and from his department, so I've been having a great time increasing my budget and trying to maximize the dollars. I feel like my kids don't get spoiled very often, and I sometimes just want to get them everything their heart desires, which isn't even that much. Anyway, of course John wanted dinosaurs, but I was not too excited about buying anything dino--don't we have enough? Well, I finally found some of the good Imaginext ones that I know he'll go crazy for, so I'm excited. They are different from the other ones we have, so I think they'll seem like something new. I've also gone with some Lego stuff, which I can't wait to give him.
Check out John's letter to Santa:
And for Sara, her big thing will be a dollhouse, even though she said she didn't know what she wanted. Have you ever seen the Fisher-Price Loving Family dollhouse?
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=5851&e=product&prodcat=dollhouse-thumb&pid=44946
Well, I think it looks so cool, and I can't wait to play with her! I hope she loves it, but I feel pretty sure she will. I didn't go with the fully furnished model, so we'll have to let her pick out a couple rooms to buy after Christmas, but even so, I just can't wait!! Have I mentioned that?
Well, I've also gotten movies, books, puzzles, and a board game and other stuff like that for the little monkeys, so I'm ready, right?
Oh, another thing I'm way excited about--http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2317854
If you don't feel like checking out the link, it's for a "Marbleworks" thing. I didn't want to post the pictures in case they come in and see this, but the marble thing is for both of them, but I think it will be a hit, too. That was a good one, because it's a BIG box and only $20. Score!
Oh, and I even got them jammies, but they don't match, so it's not as cute, but still...
Don't know if I can wait, except for the fact that I still have to wrap everything. Doh! It's all been hiding in our trunks, so out of sight that I keep forgetting to get it all-the-way done. Oh, well.
What about you? Are you done? Do you just let the kids pick things out? Do you go nuts trying to find really perfect things? What thing are you most excited about for your kids?
8 comments:
I am the same way. Once I get everything ready, I cant wait! Then I hate it because after all that anticipation, its over so fast! I try to make them open their presents slow and relish in them a little bit before moving onto the next thing! Katelins big thing this year will be this baby she has been asking for...for like a year, and I didnt want to get it for her because she already has sooo many baby dolls. (Kinda like John and Dino's!) She wont stop talking about it and its all she wants, so what do ya do? Another baby to add to the collection.
Madison has been wanting a Nintendo DS for the same periond of time. She asked last year, but we just couldnt do it, so thats her thing this year.
Alissa is getting a play kitchen that she wanted, and Zack is mostly adding on to his Geo Tracks collection.
Brylee was hard, what does she want or need, right? So we decided on a ball pit. I think all the kids will love that (Hopefully it will last past Christmas!).
My friend has that same marble thing for her boys that you are getting, and they love it, but I couldnt figure out how to set it up. Guess it takes a genius! ;)
Have a Merry Christmas! Its so worth the wait!
That is how I am too! I can't wait for Christmas eve to give the girls the nightgowns I made and I can't wait for the morning to see her face when she gets her gifts and for Doug too. He and I usually know everything we are getting and while I know my stuff from him ('cause I do all the shopping) he has no idea this year.
The funniest thing is that Abi is getting that same dollhouse this year! I think 4 years old is the perfect age to get a big dollhouse.. it's when I got one too and I loved it.
I think Abi will get a real kick out of that afterward- finding out that Sara got the same thing.
I find that I'm the first one up on Christmas morning and I'm running around trying to make noise so that everyone else will wake up! I love Christmas!!
I totally relate. Christmas is so magical as a child, but it can't even touch the magic that happens when you watch your own child(ren) on Christmas.
This year Alyssa is of course getting the blasted AG doll, and I am excited because she is getting a keyboard finally. Too bad you moved away. She needs a piano teacher. But for Alyssa's most exciting gift she is getting a new Snuggie, kid sized. I can't wait!
Alex wanted Sponge Bob Legos but they are sold out and back ordered until March. I was so excited to get him started on real legos since he loves to build but we had to go with the backup plan and get lots of Transformers stuff, and a Snuggie for him too.
Chloe is getting a play kitchen and I am so excited because she runs to the one at Alex's school every day and doesn't want to leave. We had one for Alyssa once but I gave it away. Oh well, the new one is cuter! And she is getting a bookshelf full of books and that is my favorite gift I have ever gotten for any of my kids.
And all 3 of them are getting a trampoline, and I can't wait for warm weather because that thing is going to entertain them for me all Summer long.
Fun post, and sorry to go on and on but you asked.
Oh I wanted to get the Marbleworks for the kids and Ryan thought it was dumb. He thought it seemed like another toy that takes up too much space and a toy that I wanted more for myself- whateva!!!! ;) Okay, so it would have been SO fun to play with! Well, i think i am more excited for ryans gifts and for the homemade ones I did for the kids. I made them hooded towels and hallie wanted dangley earings, so i made her some that were age appropriate and a matching bracelet. I hope they like it. I am excited about too, but I cant stand how most kids just act like spoiled brats when they open presents... they just rip one open and move on to the next not even caring what they JUST opened :(
Anywho, Hallie's big gift is a REAL camera. She has the kid kind and she said that is a "baby one." max will get a few tractors and legos. Best Buy Clause was VERY generous to us this year because we paid a LOT of medical bills on our best buy credit card...What else are you gonna do with the best buy bucks at this time of year?!?!?! ;)
Sounds like everyone is excited and has great stuff planned!! Fun! That's so funny that Abi is getting the same dollhouse, Cheryl--I guess great minds think alike! :o)
Julie, that's cool about the snuggie's--they'll love those. I think I could get Spongebob Legos here at the Mall of America store--I just was there yesterday and I'm pretty sure I saw some. Maybe I'll call you about that...if you still want them. And I'm sure the trampoline will be a family favorite--that's something I totally want to do sometime.
Margie--I love that you made things, and they sound like great things!! I didn't have anything in mind, but I should have tried harder to find something to make, because that is extra special. I'm sure she'll LOVE the camera--guess that was a good use of the points! :o)
My mom went to the Lego store in LA and they were sold out. I thought to call you but went to the Lego website and it said they are backordered until Feb/March. They had 2-3 Spongebob ones but he wants the Pineapple and the Krusty Krab. I found them on e-bay for way more than face value. I am wondering if he is too young for them anyway (and I've already spent my limit). Let me know how John does with them. It said 700 pieces on the box and I thought with Alex's personality that could be a disaster. Thanks for offering to go out in to the mall madness for us during this crazy season though. Do you guys have family coming?
Merry Christmas, los Mortons! I truly wish for you a wonderful holiday.
I bet John is easy to gift. You already know all the dinosaur stuff he's got, so you can just get the dinosaur stuff he doesn't have yet (and there's plenty of dinosaur stuff out there to choose from). That dollhouse looks so fun. My mom got the girls a dollhouse last Christmas, and they like it a lot. I'm able to get more accessories/dolls for it at Target/Walmart which is easy stocking stuffers. Hope that John and Sara love all their presents:)
Post a Comment