Monday, October 26, 2009

Time Out for Women Plug



So, I went to Time Out for Women on Friday night and Saturday. Have you ever done that? It was amazing, seriously!! It's a Deseret Book program with several different speakers and musicians, and it reminded me of EFYs that I went to as a youth--loved them, too.

I was excited to go, but the few girls I know from my ward didn't end up going, and I didn't know who else was going, so I was scrambling at the last minute to find a group to go with. I felt like I was in the school cafeteria trying to find a table to sit at, and had actually decided to just go alone. I wasn't scared to drive there or anything, but then I thought I'd surely run into people from the ward there and they'd all feel bad for me, and I didn't want to make a scene, so I tried to make some calls. Anyway, after I told one who was going up with her husband (I guess they needed a few men there) that I would just go up myself Friday night and then find a group for Saturday, I guess she made some calls and so a kind woman called me and offered to come pick me up. I felt a little sheepish, and she actually was going to come later than I wanted to go, but I accepted her generous offer and I'm glad I did. We had a lot of fun, and it was nice to not be sitting alone crying my eyes out.

Yes, the flood gates were opened. I hadn't planned on getting so into it, I'm much too cool for that, right? Ha! But I quickly let the layers of cool come tumbling down and got swept away in the moment. I mean, I am often a weeper, but I really was out of control. But, it was a wonderful, "cleansing" kind of cry. I was crying about all kinds of things, whether or not they applied to me. It was nuts. Please tell me you have done this--don't be shy! :o)

We got to hear from Brad and Debi Wilcox, Brent Top, Kim Anderson, DeAnne Flynn, Mary Ellen Edmunds, Cherie Call, and Michael McLean. They all had such uplifting messages about how amazing women are, and I loved all of them. It wasn't just about women, and I'm sure the men there enjoyed it as well.

Anyway, I know it's not that exciting to hear about this kind of thing when you weren't there, but I just had to share this--they are going to make a DVD of the tour this year. I guess it's the first time they're doing one, and they have to be pre-ordered, so I thought I'd spread the word if anyone is interested. It's going to have all their presenters, so even more "celebrities" than the ones who came here to mine. It's going to be a 2 DVD set, with over 6 hours of messages about how awesome you are--who couldn't use that, right? It's $17.99, and must be ordered by Saturday, October 31st, and should be shipped in time for Christmas. They told us that the only way to get it is to:

Go to www.deseretbook.com and search for "TOFW DVD"

Like I said, you have to do it by Saturday, so decide quickly if you think you want to do it. I'm going to do it right now, so I'll sign off...wish you all could have been there with me!

7 comments:

Megan, Maggie, Eva and Justin said...

I have a good cleansing weep about once a month.

Seth and Julie said...

You already have new friends? I am so offended. I have been here 5 years and I don't think I would be brave enough to call someone to come with me yet.

Sounds like it was an awesome event. I have never been to that or to EFY. The only problem with buying a recording is that I always feel like you have to really physically be at stuff like that to fully get it.

Katelin said...

Justin--you mocked me once...

Julie--Yeah, this kind of thing is better live I'm sure, but I think the DVD might be cool, too. There is one next year (March maybe?) in Indianapolis--I'll pick you up on my way down, and Emily could meet us there, too...Seriously!

Emily said...

I'm ready! That sounds great. I will save up my tears. :)
I am glad that you had a good time and that things seem to be going well!

LeShel said...

I can't wait to attend the one in St. George. I can always use a good cry.

Riverton SBOs said...

I'm so glad you got to go. I went to one last year in Albuquerque (Lauren just brought me a puzzle piece so I could spell that!) and really enjoyed it too. I also went with a stranger and had a great time. Loved getting caught up on your blogs. What fun times!

Jen said...

What a great experience for you. I have never been to one of those. Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to do so one day. Glad you had someone to go with, and that you were brave enough to call up someone to go with you. I would've just sat at home feeling sorry for myself;)