Sara turned three last Friday, and it's going to take her a while to adjust to saying three instead of "two and a half." She had that down pat, even up to Thursday! I had a fun week shopping around trying to find fun things to do for her princess party, and of course went a little nuts trying to make a castle cake. No laughing at that, please--it wasn't as easy as you might think, at least for the cake impaired! Anyway, she loved it, so that was good. As usual, all my grand ideas didn't quite turn out. For example, the mascara wasn't such a good idea, because Sara was in tears over something like two seconds after she was all done up, so the rest of the party she looked, well, rough! When will I learn? The girls did seem to like the nail painting and lip gloss, though. I had balloons for them to play with and toy swords for the boys, who immediately put them to use, so things got quite chaotic, but I honestly had fun. I hope everybody else did, too.
Here's the cake that I worked on till 3:30 am...
Here are some of the princesses...
And two seconds later...
Pin the crown on Sleeping Beauty...


I had bead bracelets for the kids to string, which they actually sat quietly and did. I couldn't believe it. Anyway, I thought they turned out cute, so that was fun.
By the time for the presents, I think Sara was just too overwhelmed. She just sat there until the other kids finally started doing it for her--it was funny.
Happy birthday to you...
Here she is, the happiest girl in the world!
She had so much fun Friday playing with all her gifts from friends that we saved her gift from us till Saturday morning--we had to top off the princess theme with a castle, right?
And this is why I wanted to have everything perfect for her--she is such a sweety and was just so happy!
Sara has always been a joy. She is always happy and helpful, with a touch of fire sometimes, too. We love you, Sara!
4 comments:
It looks like so much fun. Abi was so sad to miss it... but I can just imagine the drama of mascara and pink eye!
She looks so darling in the picture on the stairs in her cute pjs with all her gifts. How fun!
She is so sweet. I am glad she finally got a chance to play with her gifts. I wasn't sure she even saw them all at the party with all the boys "helping" her open them.
The cake looked great! I know how it is to be stressed out about it, since my kids always request lavish designs. In the end, at long as it tastes good, thats all that matters...not the hours it took to make it look perfect! Looks like fun.
Happy Birthday Sara! Looks like quite the party, and I think the cake looks fabulous! What a darling little girl!
Post a Comment