Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eye Candy...

Okay, first I'll pick up where I left off whining about the weather...it got so bad that we borrowed a snow blower on Christmas Eve morning and this was the sight I enjoyed from inside my warm bedroom...put everybody to work, right?!! I think Jared liked the snow blower, because he even did the neighbors' walks and driveways--it was nice to watch him do that. Anyway, he may not have spent all the time if he had known that only two days later...It rained a ton and was in the 50s so most everything melted anyway. I'm not going to complain again, but it was weird for sure. The kids think it's Spring now, and John was worried that we hadn't made a snowman yet. I assured him we'll get more chances. Don't worry--those 50s didn't last long. It's cold again already, but we don't have more snow yet, and we actually had wanted to take them sledding. Sheesh, we just can't seem to plan right.So Christmas Eve we went up to Jake and Nicki's and had a feast Mexican style-yum! Tamales, guacamole, etc. and fried ice cream. We also had the kids try to do the Christmas story. This first picture is from our Joy School rehearsal of it, and then the other ones are from the Wisconsin Mortons' valant attempt. I'm sure we have future stars here...First I must say that I love Gabe's interpretation of the wise man.Here we have Brooklyn as the angel and Sara as Mary... And the angel appearing to the shepherd (who is caring so tenderly for his sheep)
And the three wise men, who did not really want to give those shiny red boxes to the baby Jesus until they had put presents in them! It was pretty cute all in all.And then we put everybody in their new jammies and headed home so Santa could come!

We had a good Christmas, nice and simple. We had fun playing with them showing them the new things and just hanging out.



Sara especially loved her princess blanket from Gma Morton, which matches her princess pillowcase from Gma Whiting, so she's happy. Now every day when John is asking me what animal he should be that day Sara is asking me which princess she should be. Such important decisions!




Then we decided to have dinner Kung Fu Panda style and order Chinese. I think that may become an annual tradition, although I do love ham and creamed potatoes, which I still haven't done yet. Maybe for New Years. Anyway, the kids LOVED the chopsticks and it really was fun to watch them try to eat. John was quite persistent and did pretty well, and Sara just went straight for the Skittles. Oh, well. It was really nice to have some low key time, although we would have loved to have been able to party with more family and friends. We hope all of you had a nice Christmas, too!



Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Team Ryan said...

who got the Geotracks...Jared or John?!??!!? ;) Mmmmm, Chinese sounds really good right now! Johns jammies are just like Max's... love those old navy sales. I cant believe that it was colder here for a few days when you guys had your 50 degree weather, we were FREEZING here- JJ was making fun of us! Well, glad to see that everyone had a great time.

Seth and Julie said...

Oh, I am so glad we got out of here during that ridiculous weather!