1-Okay, okay, I've never done a tag before, but I was mentioned by name on a friend's tag about 7 weird things about me, and I can actually think of some things. I'll share I guess--I am afraid of escalators. Yes, that's right. As in, my heart starts pounding. Seriously. Haven't grown out of it at all. Even though I've never had a particularly bad experience, I mean rationally I know that they just aren't dangerous, but still, stairs just aren't supposed to move! I'll go on it, but it usually takes me a second to get the rhythm or something, I don't know! Oh, boy, and then it's totally different if I have the kids and I am trying to do it while holding two little hands, now this really can't be safe, and I have been known to go way out of the way to find the elevator or take the regular stairs.
2-Oh, wait, I'm thinking of more. My college roommates might remember--I really hate it when the cereal bag in the box is opened the wrong way. It obviously is supposed to be the left side if looking at the front of the box, duh.
3-I also totally get bugged when people hum along to the intro. Wait for the song to start, please!
4-I don't know if this fits all the requirements of a weird thing, but hey...another thing about me is that I have been to the end of the world. Ushuaia, Argentina, to be specific. Well, it's the southernmost city I guess, obviously there is other land farther south if you count Antarctica. Mom and I went there when we traveled around Argentina when she came down at the end of my semester visiting my exchange student Leticia. Nice sentence. But another thing we visited was a glacier called Perito Moreno, and I totally fell in love. I'd love to see more.
5-Jared thinks this is weird--I usually don't have music on in my car. Well, I should say, if I'm alone in the car, I usually like the quiet. With the kids now, we usually have something on, but I never used to.
6-Leticia used to think it was weird how much I moved when I play the piano, but among pianists, I think that's pretty normal. I do get a little self conscious about it, though, but it is hard not to move.
7-I'm bowl legged and have always been embarrassed by that, although I don't think it's that big of a deal now.
Margie and Julie, I did this just because I liked reading yours....aren't you glad you asked?
What Have You Been Canning this Summer?
7 years ago
3 comments:
Funny stuff, Katelin! I laughed about the cereal box thing - I agree with you - and tried to instill this idea in my children and husband but have long since given up - Mark opens the box rips open the whole bag and then crumples and rolls the top of the bag down inside the box like it's a bag of chips - still annoying - but I don't eat cereal much anymore so it's not as annoying! Great to read your blog! Brig
I am glad I asked because I love reading peoples blogs...it is my new favorite thing to do. Thanks for sharing.
That was fun Kate! I didn't know some of those things about you. I knew about the quiet car thing, and I don't get it. I'm related to Jared I guess. My alone-in-the-car time is the time to blast the music so loud! I didn't even know there were rules for opening cereal ... I think I'm doing it wrong.
Post a Comment