Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Renaissance Fair


So, we went to the Renaissance Fair a few weeks ago with our friends Emily and JJ and it was, well, interesting for sure!! Probably the best people watching I've seen in a while. I really should have taken more pictures of the crowd. So many people dress up to go there, which means they spend who knows how much $ on their costumes, and then come and spend $ all day long on food and attractions, and then they do it again the next weekend! Makes me wonder what they do the rest of the year! Anyway, Emily and I felt left out because we weren't wearing our chain mail bikinis! We thought it would maybe be a bit more educational, but it seemed to be mostly spectacle! We did enjoy the petting zoo, and the jousting a lot and the almost too-nice-guy with the dulcimer and the boys loved their swords and seeing all the Robin Hoods. Anyway, it was fun.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

cindave said...

looks like there's a lot going on lately! fun times. andersen would LOVE those trips to the lake to throw rocks in the water. i think it's his favorite past time. and i'm sure the people watching at the renaissance fair was incredible! i can only imagine! was it better than when the Cloaks and Daggers Club met on the lawn at BYU with their capes and what not?

Seth and Julie said...

I will never pay to go into the fair again but I would love to go back and just stand at the entrance watching crazy people go in. I see you had a blog-a-thon today.

A 'n D said...

hey there - maybe you'll respond to this one! i tried emailing, but can't seem to get you there!
i'm looking for a pic i know you have a copy of from justin's wedding... but i can't find mine! it's a great picture, and i want to make sure to get another copy and/or just get it onto my computer!
so...get in touch with me via our blog or email...and if i don't hear from you soon, i'll be callin'! :o)

T J V said...

Hey, how fun I found your blog! And yes I agree the fair is interesting and odd at the same time. But those pics of Lake Michigan are gorgeous, you guys really live in a beautiful place.