Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to one and all, but especially to my wonderful mother and mother-in-law!  I thought I could put together a post of a ton of pictures to share since I have done a terrible job of sharing pictures for such a long time.  Lo Siento!!!  So, this is a year in a post, full of lots of love and well wishes from Minnesota!  Wish we could celebrate together in person!  We miss you! 


 John and Sara got to sit in our friend's plane--I think they like the idea of having their own plane!  :)

 At the end of July, Jake and Nicki and crew, Kati, and Jared's Mom and Dad came for Michael's blessing--so fun!  We went to an army airplane museum...always a party!
 It was so hot, my camera lens was fogged up...bummer on the pix!





 Michael's blessing was so special, and part of what made it so special was the family and friends who came to share it with us!  Thanks to everybody!






Angel Baby--he was such a good baby!  

Summer fun with friends!

  
First Day of School!

John's 7th bday--why won't he stop growing up?!  We moved a bunch of stuff to the new place on the actual day of his bday, so it was all a little nuts.  He liked having his cake in the trunk of the car in the backyard while Jared was burning off all the firewood--it worked!  We promised him a party after we were settled in to our new house...

 Cutie pie!



I got out Sara's old Halloween costume to see what Michael would think...he loved it!


 Church will do this to you...
 This is out of order a little, because before John's bday we went to St. Paul to see The High Kings, a very cool Irish men's quartet group.  It was awesome!




 John's Transformers party...


 Michael wasn't too pleased at being a Decepticon, I guess...
 Pin the allspark on the Optimus-Jared did an awesome job drawing this, eh?
 Starting to get so big!
 Scooting across the room...



 Sara's self portrait..


 Fun at the zoo...


 John LOVES Michael!


 Halloween 2011--got out the baby fisherman stuff...too cute!

We went to a local grocery store for some trick-or-treating

Then we had the church party and had to make little man into Charlie Brown--inspired by his sizeable nugget!  :)


Punkin' Carvin'





 More Halloween festivities...trick-or-treating

 Sara's class had a 50's party to celebrate her 50th day of kindergarten...


Got to keep the tooth fairy busy!



Michael finally got to meet Gma and Gpa Whiting just before Thanksgiving!



Love getting on the roof with Dad!






Good Morning, Miss Six-Year-Old!!  










Before the school Christmas concert...


Same outfits again for the first recital--they were awesome!





Finally, it's Christmas!!














Why can't I grab this?  :)


St. Patrick's Day was amazingly warm, so we got out and had a fun day!








Another recital-at a recital hall this time--so fancy!


Michael wants a turn!


Easter!










Michael's got a little bit of curl--love it!






Allrighty, that has taken me a LONG time, so I better get going.  Sorry I got a little lazy and didn't give everything a caption, but you get a taste of the fun that has been going on and all the fun that keeps me from sharing it!  Love you, Mom!


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! Millions of pictures!! Love that post. Miss you guys.

Seth and Julie said...

Love all the pictures. The kids are so cute and WAY too big!

Emily said...

I'm with Julie. I refuse to believe that they are actually that big! They are precious though and I love seeing the pictures!

Melanie said...

What a wonderful post, I loved catching up with the pictures. I miss your family so much!

Katelin said...

Thank you all for welcoming me back to the blogging world!! I feel so loved! Yes, the kids are giants, and as much as I'm in denial about having "big" kids because it means I'm OLD, I am really enjoying this phase!

California Whiting Missionary said...

Thanks so much for the pictures of your life. I really love pictures more than anything else we can get on our mission. Of course, I love the chats too. Have a happy Summer! Love to you and yours!!!!