Thursday, January 5, 2012

Is it Sunday yet?

Okay, so I have already had a huge FAIL with my blogging resurrection so far, but I won't give up yet.  I will blame Christmas! 


My big brother is trying to do a family newsletter while my parents are gone, so this is what I sent him, and I thought I'd re-gift it for my blog...it is so abbreviated, and there is so much more I'd like to include, but something is better than nothing, right?  Sigh.








Book of Morton Stories, December 2011:

So, we enjoyed a totally uncharacteristic un-snowy Christmas!  John has enjoyed Lego Hero Factory guys lately and got a couple, and Sara got a new baby doll and things to "care" for her.  Michael mostly enjoyed the wrapping paper!  The big thing Jared wanted to do for the kids was make an ice skating rink right in our backyard, but the weather totally did not cooperate.  We did get skates for them, though, so now we can officially be Minnesotans!  

We are having a lot of fun with our little guy, who is not-so-little!  He is army crawling or Mowgli crawling like crazy, and I think is about a week away from really taking off, so I need to get back in baby-proofing mode!  Michael is just a sweetheart, and so smiley, even to strangers!  The kids still LOVE to play with him, and are very helpful with him.

I had a piano recital in my house for my 15 students and their families, and everyone loved the "fancy" piano.  It was a pretty tight squeeze, though, but I was proud of them.  I have now started doing piano more regularly with my own kids, but still struggle to be as consistent as I should helping them practice!  I also just added 2 more students, so that is starting to feel like a real business, which I love most of the time.  Other than kids and piano, I'm still the YW Pres. in our ward, so I feel like I have quite a full plate right now!  I'm glad to be busy, though, and I'm constantly reminded of the blessings I have.

Jared was promoted and given his own office at work, so he has been loving that, and I'm very proud of him!  I think his favorite part might be the dictation software they got for him, so now even typing feels slow to him!  

Well, 2012 is well underway, so I'll sign off and try to go attend to many other things that are waiting on me.  I hope you are all doing well, and we love and miss you all!

Mom and Dad, we are praying for you in every prayer!  

Love,
K2 and crew

2 comments:

Kati said...

YAY!!! I love your blog, it's so fun to read the latest and see how big they are getting!

Carlsbad Whitings said...

Hurray for keeping us all informed and updated! The kids look adorable in their holiday attire..
The mission is going great Right now we have 8 elders having lunch at our place after District Meeting (via Subway). It makes me feel like a mom!