He's so ready, and you can see from the pictures that he is just a tad excited. A boy from his class at church is also in his class, and he is super excited about that, too. They even have the same birthday and have last names with M, so their backpacks hang by each other, so of course that is very cool to John.
For "security" I suppose I shouldn't say too much specific stuff about the school, but let's just say it seems pretty impressive. They wear uniforms and emphasize arts, music, languages, and literature. They start Spanish in kindergarten, so I'm way excited about that. Maybe it will help ease the guilt I feel for not teaching the kids more diligently something that I LOVE and always wanted to share with my kids. I think I never knew the "perfect" way to teach them Spanish, so I did nothing instead. Awesome. Good job, Katelin!
Anyway, I don't have other "real" school experiences for my kids to compare this school with of course, but we're looking forward to a great year! Since John is used to much smaller classes (from Joy school with 3 kids and church with only a few), I'm a little worried he will want to comment on every little thing (what? my John?), but I hope he'll adjust soon to a bigger class and know when he can and cannot talk. I think he's a good kid of course, and I think he'll really love all this learning.
Oh, one more cute thing--even after being up pretty late on Saturday night because we were at a going away party for some friends, he could NOT fall asleep last night. He kept coming out of his room with more questions about school, or art things or computer things, or gym things, etc. Of course we tried to get him to bed early so he'd be well-rested, but it was after 10:30 I think by the time he finally zonked out. Jared even gave him some warm milk to see if that'd help, and it seemed like it did. I don't think he was nervous, just excited.
Sara is being a sweetheart about all this attention for John, and in typical style is very excited for him. Even when shopping several times for things for him, she rarely even asked for things for her, and seemed fine with the idea that she'll get it all next year. Although, she did really want a new backpack and some obnoxious light up princess shoes she found, but I didn't give in. I did give in on some new markers for her, although I didn't realize they weren't washable, so she is almost constantly bathed in marker lately. Oh, well.
Here's the handsome guy, who is quite into spiking his hair lately...
Well, it's already almost time to go pick him up, so I better head off. By the way, it didn't take me the whole time to write this--I also did the bathrooms and laundry already, so I feel like I've been productive this morning.
Maybe I'll get back to blogging a little better with some quieter mornings around this place... :o)
10 comments:
Ah. He looks so cute! I love that they have uniforms. It sounds like a great school. Let us know how it went!
Is is half day or full day?
I was going to ask the same question Cheryl asked...half day or full? It sounds like you were off to pick him up right after you dropped him off. He looks so sharp in his uniform and so ready to run with the big dogs.
Good for you for keeping a dry eye. When Alyssa started I cried for hours. Seth takes off the first day of school every year to offer me moral support.
I need to call you about Labor Day...I haven't forgotten. I have to unpack from camping, and babysit tomorrow, and then I will get a hold of you. We are excited to come see you!
SO exciting!!! I bet he is just thrilled. And that rocks that they will teach him Spanish!! Do they do other languages as well? So cool.
Sounds like you've found a GREAT school. I'm all over the uniforms! And hooray for Spanish. I'm glad he was so very excited. I'd say hooray for not crying but seriously if you'd wanted to you could have cried!
HOW CUTE!!! I bet John is LOVING school. It seems like it would be right up his alley ... all that learnin and stuff. :) How fun! And I LOVE the spikey hair.
Cheryl--It is a half day--you can drop off starting at 7:55 and then pick up at 11:35, so it seems like it'll be a good transition to get him ready for a full day next year.
He said it went GREAT, and they got to go to music already and do rhythm sticks, and play on the playground, so he was thrilled. He was so excited to see all his "friends" again today!
Julie--if I think about it too much, I'm sure I could get the tears going, but I'm just suppressing them for now I guess. That's cute that Seth takes off! Definitely call me whenever--we're excited!
Kati--they do Latin in maybe 3rd grade and I don't know if they do others actually. I should find out. How are you doing? :o)
LeShel--I guess I wouldn't have been ashamed to cry--you're right, but I was glad I felt, well, just so excited for him that that overruled the tears.
Lis--can't wait to see your kids' first day of school pix--they always look so cute, too!
Adorable pictures. The spiky hair is so cute. I think John will have lots of fun, which sometimes makes it easier for you (and sometimes makes it worse...."hey, don't you miss me, your mommy?") Enjoy having a half day to you and the cutie Miss Sara.
I can't believe school has started for you guys. It never did when I was teaching there. I'm sure John is just ecstatic about going to school. I would so love to have the girls wear uniforms because it takes the guessing work out of picking out clothes each day and the clothing shopping throughout the year. Can't wait to hear how things are going after a while in school.
Wow, Latin too? So cool! I love languages. ;) I'm doing great, getting ready to go back to DC in a couple weeks. I'm stealing pictures off your blog, by the way, to put in my dorm room. ;)
Glad to get the school pictures. Love the hair and the uniform! How nice that Sara is so supportive of her big brother, hope it lasts forever. Sorry about the clutch problem, just glad it didn't happen in the midst of heavy traffic. Becca and Tyler are coming tonight so I'm in a flurry of cleaning and cooking. Not to mention getting ready to go to Idaho on Monday. Not room in our little car for all your dad's fishing stuff!
Post a Comment