
So, I have really not been posting much lately. Sorry to those of you who have noticed. Well, here's a little catch up.
Weeks ago, we popped back over to Wisconsin to see the fam and new (adorable!) baby in Milwaukee and some of the friends in Kenosha. We'd wanted to visit for a long time, but couldn't seem to get Jared's work schedule to match up and when he finally got a Friday off, it was a weekend that our ward didn't have their regular meeting so we didn't even get to see all the friends we wanted to. Sigh. Anyway, we'll be back again.
So, we went to the zoo with a packload of Mortons. The zoo is growing on me, I must say. The kids (and Jared) get so excited about everything, and it really is amazing to see all the beautiful and ugly creatures. Some things are just unbelievable!


Sara was so excited to see Brooklyn and Sadie!

Was that fence really meant to keep kids out? We didn't think so either!


The kids trying to "catch" the swans...notice Sara's sneaking skills...

Smart swans!

Aw.

Excellent photography skills--oops! Sara and Sadie were more interested in their pretzels than hanging with the cheetah...


Nicki, I think Jake had a cool picture of this--will you send it to me? :o)

And now they've found a goose to try to catch. Is this bad to let them do this? I have a hard time keeping my kids from doing it (notice the egging on from the father), but we are not really encouraging any kind of harm to the animals, and we do tell them not to yell and scare them. If you'll notice, Jared is actually being nice to the animal if you ask me, and he is always just trying to get a closer look. You may think differently I guess, but anyway, the kids love this. They also love it when one turns on them in defense, which is totally hilarious. Last year at the Father/Son campout John was going after a goose who turned on him, which spooked him until he wisely turned back on it. Wish I could have seen that! Jared says it was great!

They were getting a little close to this one, and I fully expected a bite any second, but it just kept on its way.

And there was quite the peacock show that day at the zoo. We watched two males do their dance over a female for a long time. They would shake their fans, and it almost sounded like a rattle snake. It was really amazing. Then the kids couldn't be more thrilled every time they saw one in the zoo. John counted like 19--it was nuts!




Yes, they even got a little touch. Cool.


Luckily, they did not get a touch of this guy...

We also wanted to go hang out at "our" Lake Michigan, and as my friend said, we pretended it was warm. It was freezing, but at least it was sunny and beautiful!


John was very excited to do some "rock jumping" on the rocks by the lake, which always makes me nervous, but they love it.




And the trolley...


And the waves...

And more bird chasing...

Oh, and the real highlight of the trip--the Johnson's trampoline initiation! It was fun, and I even had a good time (and my quads paid for it later)! We had so much fun--we'll be back again!!


And now for the picture of right when John's tooth fell out. Note his slight shade of green and nervous look. Cute.

The guilty apple.

He's getting a little excited,

and now super proud!

And checking out the water skeeters.

Well, it has been solidly rainy for weeks now it seems, so we've been doing the library a lot. I've been busy with church stuff, too, but now our YW Camp fundraiser is over, so I'm glad to have that done. Now we just need to get the other million details figured out, but I'm recruiting more help by the minute, so I'm excited. We're doing an army themed camp to go along with the scripture theme for the year--Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and of a good courage..." So, if you have any ideas to throw my way, let me know!
8 comments:
Great pictures. I love that proud one of John with his tooth out.
It's been raining like crazy here too.
Everytime I have been to that zoo that gorilla is in that same spot by the window with that same look on his face. I think he is cussing me out in his mind and it makes me sad that he is in there. He is too smart to be happy there.
I love the picture of John catching air on the trampoline and the missing tooth picture...FINALLY! I am glad things are slowing down a little bit. I can't wait to hear what you come up with for you boot camp themed girls camp. How cute!
Great post Kate. That is too cute with John's tooth! We're doing the same theme for camp. Did we talk about this already? Our theme is "Be Army Strong" with the "Be strong" scripture and stuff. I'm getting some ideas from a friend this week who already did this camp theme, so I'll pass along what I find. Good luck! Miss you.
SUPER FUN!! John is growing up. :(
Wish we could have spent more time with you guys when you were here, but at least we got a little bit of time in with you.
Jon looks so happy to have his tooth out. He's officially a big kid now.
It was fun to see the pictures of the kids and of good old kenosha!
John looks darling without his tooth!
great recap of all of your adventures!! it does make me feel pretty boring, though...i must say!!
maybe one of these days...when a-cakes starts sleeping, we can be more adventurous.
oh! and we're looking forward to the first tooth business around here, too, as j-man has a multitude of friends that have lost. thought he'd be one of them by now, since he was an early teether, but still waiting.
john looks extra cute!
Hey!! Is John going to Kindergarten on Sept?
Post a Comment