
Surprise! I'm back again already. I just had to post these pictures to show you poor Sara's nose. Jared took the kids bike riding yesterday, and even gave some refresher courses in the how-to's and what-not. After the first little hill dumped Sara off into the grass, Brakes 101 was offered again, but somehow at the next little hill (and I mean little), she forgot all she had learned. Instead of braking she cranked the handlebars to turn, which just dumped her off to slide down the rest of the hill on her nose. OUCH! I don't even want to think how much worse this could have been if she hadn't been wearing a helmet, but she was, thank goodness. John was very sweet to her when it happened and even said she could watch Sleeping Beauty when they got home. Aww.
Luckily she took it all in stride, and I don't think she'll be too traumatized. She did get a lot of attention at church today though! :o)
5 comments:
OUCH! She still looks pretty in her yellow dress though.
Poor widdle bebe. Glad to know that it didn't get her down though. I hope she heals quickly and that it won't leave a scar. Kids that age seem to heal without scars.
She could totally put some bunny ears on and pose as the red nosed easter bunny. Its even the right shape! An easter to remember! Cute dress though, yes. But, poor girl.
Hooray for helmets! This will make a great family story later. Tell Sara that scabs are God's bandages, so thank Him for helping her heal. She and John look so cute in their Easter finery. Thanks for the pictures and post.
Go Sara! Cameron will share your pain. He broke the taillight of a car last year with his cheek. Only he wasn't trying valiantly to stop his bike like Sara, he just wasn't paying attention. : ) It's amazing what kids go through! I am glad she is okay and smiling. she's too cute!
Post a Comment