Well, my friend Julie and I took the kids to the beach yesterday, and I mentioned that I had planned to bring my camera but forgot, and she said she had brought hers, so she pulled it out, and we just went to town making the kids pose the whole time! Here's the goods, and thanks to Julie for being the photographer! It was a fun little photo shoot, I mean trip to the beach!As a side note, we went right after we fed the kids lunch and didn't even bring food, so they didn't pester us every two seconds about a snack, so that worked out nicely, too. Of course we were all starving and worn out by the time we got home and bathed and everything, but I still think it was a good idea to go without food. Next time I don't know if I'll even bother with towels...
I always love black and white photos, so I turned some of these black and white, which also helped hide the red Kool-aid mustache Sara was sporting. But it was such a beautiful day, I don't think the black and white did justice to these pictures, so anyway, I couldn't make up my mind which I liked better. Any opinions out there?
Got to love the Baywatch photo...

I'd say John was showing off his muscles, but he was actually posing as some kind of dinosaur, of course.
There were some boats and a tent on the beach that were part of the "Rendezvous" that was going on up the hill from the beach, but we thought they'd make for some interesting pictures. Pretty cute kids!
We tried to tell them to not get in the boats, but as long as they weren't listening, we had them smile real fast. Hope they didn't mess anything up!
There is a tire swing and a few other playground things at this beach, and Sara is addicted to the tire swing. The last time we went I came home with sore arms, I had seriously pushed for that long (not just Sara, by the way, I'm not that wimpy), oh, and the bum of her suit was almost totally black! I love that, though, because I have some very vivid memories on tire swings as a kid, and I LOVED them. However, the tire swing is tricky for getting good pictures, that's for sure! But, you should have heard the squeals!

There was this old, broken boardwalk (I'm guessing here) that the kids were interested in, and we finally let them explore it a little, and I helped them jump off it into the water a little bit, and then they got the courage to try on their own. Yes, that meant I was in the water, in case you didn't catch that. How many points is that worth? Although, I should be honest that it wasn't as cold by this thing for some reason. I love this picture of John summoning his courage--tongue out always helps! :o)

And there you have it. Another fun day at the beach!
7 comments:
I like the black and white pictures mixed in. I feel like memories just look more sentimental in black and white.
Fun times...we really need to go a few times this week if we can get more than one day that is over 70 degrees.
It looks like so much fun. I loke both the color and the black and white as well.
Perfect day!
So sorry I had to miss this. Looks like you guys had a great time. The b/w's are fun! I like to mix those in with some of pictures once in a while, too.
Very cute pictures and fun memories. We were at the cabin on Friday and Kyle refused to get in the lake because the last time they swam, Henry came out with four or more leeches (some in unmentionable places)...
love it! maybe i'll be more adventurous when i don't have a baby & get more than 4-5 hrs of sleep every nite!
oh...and i like both sets of pics!! in this day and age, how are we supposed to choose??!!
Love the pix in any color! Kids and water, there's no funner combination!
Post a Comment