to MINNESOTA!
What? I know, right? It all kind of happened fast, unlike things in Illinois. Anyway, we feel like this is the answer to prayers, and the reason that things were not progressing faster in Illinois. It is a really awesome opportunity with a lot of benefits over the other place--better offer, more staff, MDs and PhDs, a state of the art facility, a great benefit package even offering tuition reimbursement perks, an area with a lower cost of living than Chicagoland, etc.
So, we haven't figured all the details out, but Jared just accepted their offer this morning and they want him up there on the 28th, so we'll be heading out soon.
Here is a link to the clinic's website, so check it out:
http://www.noranclinic.com/
But, it's a good thing this happened in August, because if it had come up in the winter, I'm not sure I would move even farther NORTH. Are we nuts?
So, any thoughts/connections/tips on the Minneapolis area?
6 comments:
Congrats!!! I am so bummed out that you are moving so far. I was so excited that you would still be within weekend driving distance.
I think the hold up with the Illinois job was my fault. I have been dreading losing you guys. But when this new opportunity came up I was excited for you and even prayed for it to work out. So you can thank me for helping you find a better offer in the long run.
I WILL MISS YOU GUYS :(
I am just so super excited for Jared and you guys! That is so awesome! If you can survive Wisconsin winters and Buffalo winters, surely Minnesota can't be that much worse, right? I checked out the website, looks like a phenomenal place to work. What a wonderful opportunity!!!
Congrats!!!
Wow. Congratulations! That is so exciting. It's sad that you'll be gone before we get back though!!
Talk to Taylor.. I think that's close to where she's from.
Congrats! I'm excited for you guys but also sad to see you go. Of course, you know we'll be up for any questions about Mpls, so hit us up anytime. Good luck!
Thanks for the weblink on the clinic. Looks very impressive. Just the spot for an up and commer like Jared. They even have an infusion clinic, maybe I'll need it someday. Not to worry about the snow, IF, IsPark, OP, and Chi are all good training grounds.
I'm enjoying the kids and corn in Utah. Going to S'ville tomorrow with Becca to see the quilt show at the SAM. Fun, Fun, Fun!
Post a Comment