Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Week'O'Fun

So, we (meaning the kids and I) had a lot of fun stuff going on for Valentine's and I forgot to post the pictures! I was kind of out of it, and I still don't feel like Valentine's is over, because I had to speak in church the day after, so I didn't really get my Valentine's day in the traditional way. It was nice, though, actually, because Jared took the kids to let me have some quiet time to prepare my talk. Even though it is absolutely terrifying to me, it is always nice in a different way to prepare a talk, I guess because it's so wonderful to read the words of our leaders, and to really focus and ponder on important Gospel things.
Anyway, the kids had a party at play group that was super cute. My friend planned cute games, and let them decorate these mailboxes and then had these adorable cookie pizzas in real pizza boxes--awesome--for them to decorate. Can I just mention that the week before when it was my turn I took a piece of plain, white cardstock, cut it down the middle and then stapled it to make a mini book for the kids to "write." Yeah, that's how creative I am--ha! So, back to the party, the kids had a great time, and so did I!






















Then the next day in school, they had a party at "Miss Emily's," and they had a lot of fun then, too. She had them do very cute envelopes for their Valentines.








Then on Friday I had a party for my Primary girls at my house, so that was kind of crazy, but a lot of fun! We did kind of an Article of Faith carnival thing, and I had a lot of fun hanging out with these girls.


Then Saturday morning, Sara had little tea party to go to, which was so cute, too. She was so excited to have a girl thing to go to. She usually is surrounded with all boy stuff, so I was happy for her to have this. I really should do better at getting more girls over here, because all the little church girls are so sweet and Sara loves them!




Anyway, it was a lot of fun!!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Those books they made at your house were great! Abi was really proud of it. I think it was a really fun idea.
I feel bad that we missed your talk on Sunday. I'm sure you were great. It was one of those days where every single one of us woke up feeling exhausted and cranky and there was just no way we were going to make it to church by 830am!

Seth and Julie said...

I love how we all had 10 million Valentines Day parties with our kids but none of us went on a date...too funny.

Seth and Julie said...

Okay, and me and Cheryl both just posted our comments at the same time...can you say blogging addiction?

Heather said...

When did Valentines day get so busy!? You did a great job on your talk by the way!

Katelin's family said...

Thanks Heather, and yeah, Julie, maybe it's time for real dates for all of us, huh?!

Carlsbad Whitings said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Did I do it? Create a blog, I mean. Try CarlsbadWhitings!@blogspot.com

Team Ryan said...

So many parties and SO MUCH FUN!!! You guys are all so creative and such good moms!!!!