Thursday, February 5, 2009

Big news...

I just thought I'd put up a few pix from the things we've been doing lately. It seems like we've been very busy, but then I can't think of what exactly we've been up to. Anyway, here are some pix of all the Wisconsin Morton grankids at our "dinosaur museum."

Here are John and Gabe trying to make snow angels--Sara didn't want to go out, and I don't blame her one bit!





Here they are with their group project that they had to work on together to reach their goal or something. I was pretty impressed with the final results--and their reactions!
January was all about order and making goals for them in school, so that has been funny. They actually have been pretty good about helping me put things in order, especially since a slightly psycho pillowcase named the Gunny Bag comes out if there are toys on the floor for him to eat. Emily had the lesson that introduced Gunny Bag, and there is a creepy song to sing too, and she said that my kids were pretty terrified. She even turned her pillowcase to the other side and drew a happier face, but they still were pretty mad about the whole thing. I guess it will either teach them responsibility or a strange hatred of pillowcases.
But, we do have big news--Sara is potty trained. Tricked some of you, huh? Not that other news, no, no, no. Anyway, she had shown no interest forever, but I finally decided to make a big deal about it and when she found a Princess book that she really wanted at the bookstore I decided to use that. I told she could get it if she'd start to well, you know. I also had her throw away the last diaper and wear a pull-up that night, and then the next day she decided she didn't even want to do pull-ups, so I agreed, fully prepared to deal with messes all over since she had never peed in the potty at all. However, I should have given her more credit--she had it down and has had very minimal accidents and didn't even really have a hard time getting the pooping down. Yay, Sara!! I'm so glad it hasn't been a big ordeal for her or for me.
Speaking of bathroom talk, a few days ago John was doing his business and said it smelled like a spicy jelly bean. Hmm, okay then! He also told me recently that he didn't want to marry a hairy beast (I think this was inspired by Beauty and the Beast). Just thought I'd share. Hope you all have a good one!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Spicy Jelly Bean! That is hilarious. Oh how I wish Abi would have stayed the course of potty training.. one of these days I'm sure she'll pick it back up.

Seth and Julie said...

I remember that project in Joy School. It was lots of fun. I keep thinking I will do it with Alex just for something to do.

Sorry they aren't loving Gunny Bag.

And thanks to John I can never eat Cinnamon jelly beans again. Dang it! They are the only flavor I liked.

Heather said...

Gunny Bag sounds pretty awesome! Why not terrify your kids if it gets them to clean...right? Congrats on the potty training. I wish it were that easy for me!

A 'n D said...

yay for potty training! and the ease i'm sure had something to do with her being 3...i really should try that one of these times, i hear great things about 3 over 2.
happy break from diapers for you!

Melissa said...

Yeah Sara!!! Welcome to the "Diaper Free Zone." Personally, I love the place. I can't say enough good things about it. It doesn't sound like it was too bad on either one of you. Way to go Sara!