Thursday, September 25, 2008

Birthday boy..

Here are pix from the many celebrations of John that we had. On his bday we brought cupcakes to the park when we met some friends there, but it wasn't his official party (I just had planned to do his party later since the end of August is so crazy).

We also did cupcakes that weekend when G & G Morton came to visit...(I'll post some more pix of the visit in another post)

Then we finally did a small party--Kung Fu Panda style. John wanted to keep the plate, and we still have it! I thought it all looked so cute with the black and red, but almost immediately some killer bees were attacking us. Seriously the kids were freaking out, so we moved everything out of this shelter and over by the playground. Oh, well, that's what I get for doing an outdoor party, right? It was fun, though, and I think all the kids had fun. I know John did!!

Look at Sara in the picture below--it looks like her plate is levatating!
After the party, John went right to work lining up his gifts, of course!!

It is so crazy to me to realize that he is four now! I remember so well how I felt when I found out I was pregnant. We had been trying for a year and a half, which I now realize was such a blessing, because I just wanted to be a Mom so much! Anyway, things went perfectly through the pregnancy, but as soon as labor began, I felt like something wasn't right. Long story short, he was in distress and it ended up being an emergency C-section. It never got too scary, but I remember so well thinking that he could have died so easily if it had been a hundred years ago, and I feel so blessed for good medical care. He has brought so much joy to Jared and me, and all our friends and family. We love you, John! Here are some baby pix of mini Jared, oh, I mean John...
Check out the pain meds on the table by me--oh, yeah, I didn't mention that my incision came open and then had to heal on it's own, which took about two months--fun.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to rotate this one, which shouldn't be that hard, right? Oh, well.

3 comments:

cindave said...

i didn't know that story from when John was born! how scary! looks like you had lots of fun parties! i love the picture with the levitating plate. you weren't kidding! it really does look like she's controlling it with her stare! that's awesome.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday John! The older he gets, the more and more he looks like Jared. Jared was always so cute and so stinkin smart as a kid ... like father, like son.

Heather said...

The picture with the fishing pole is soo dang cute! They grow up too fast!