Last Friday while we were playing outside, all of a sudden, John says there is a praying mantis, and I think to myself, yeah right! But, I should know by now to not doubt him--he knows what he is talking about. Check this out! By the way, after I took these pix and some prodding from Jared, I decided I could catch it, for which I am now officially Mother of the Year. I put it in my trifle bowl, then later Jared and John made an all-out mansion for the mantis, and even bought crickets for him to hunt. This was in my kitchen for most of the week, for which I am about to be Mother of the Century! :o) It was actually kind of interesting, but luckily the kids weren't too distraught when we realized it had died. We once again are pet free. Whew. 

Here are the kids playing outside...

2 comments:
You are such a good mom Kate! I have a strict "no creatures" policy, and sometimes I feel a little bit bad about it. A big bug in the kitchen is impressive. I send them over to Melanie's for all the "boy" stuff with bugs and lizards and snakes and all that. She's way better at it than me ...
mother of the year indeed! nice work! we had a little grasshopper for like 5 minutes, but it never actually came inside.
Post a Comment