Well, March was a LONG month around here, and winter held on
with a tight grip. Most of it was spent
on Spring Break, so we did some field trips to the Children’s Museum, sledding,
and some bike riding after the snow started to melt. That has been happy to see the edges of the
driveway again, and the yard!! I had
hoped we would be able to put the trampoline back up, but it has still been too
wet and yucky. John’s highlight was
winning the Pinewood Derby on the same day he got his official acceptance
letter to the new school program for next year!
He also got a lego set he had ordered from ebay, so it was hard for him
to decide what was the best part of that day!
He got to move on to the District level for the Pinewood Derby, which
was this morning (April 6), and he got 6th there. Two sizeable trophies make for one happy boy!
Sara finished off a level of piano books, so she was excited
about that. I must say that she was so
happy for John with the whole PW Derby thing—I don’t think it ever occurred to
her to be jealous or anything. It was so
sweet. Oh, but her highlight would have
to be finally having her bday party (only 3 months late—don’t judge me!). She had a bunch of friends over and played
games, and made bead bracelets, had ice cream cake, etc. These good friends all knew she loves Lego Friends, so that is what she
got. We now have a serious Lego storage
problem going on around here. J
Michael’s highlight was probably discovering the magic of
candy-filled Easter eggs. He LOVED that! I knew dying eggs would be too crazy with
him, so I uninvited him by doing it during nap time, though he did wake up
while we were finishing up and went nuts!
He was tossing eggs in cups faster than I could keep up, but luckily
didn’t do any permanent damage...
Jared fixed his car window that wouldn’t roll down by
switching its motor with the rear one—thank you You Tube! He also did the brakes on the van, so that
has been awesome! So handy! I had fun getting the Primary ready to sing
for Easter, and have been preparing students for another recital, so things
have been busy!
We are so ready for Spring to totally get here, and we
started some seeds inside to move to the garden later. It is a miracle to watch, and I can’t wait to
see how well things will do this year!
1 comment:
December b-days are though to plan for. I still haven't done Chloe's party if it makes you feel better. I am thinking I will do a half b-day or just wait til next year. Congrats on all John's big wins too.
Post a Comment