Book of Morton Stories, Dec 2012:
Who can remember what happened in December? It was kind of a blur! Well, let’s see...at the beginning of
December Sara had the good sense to turn 7, but I already covered that in my
last newsletter. It seems like most of
the rest of the month was anticipation and preparation for Christmas! We had a great time, all in all, and there
were many highlights, including a surprise bonus from Jared’s work! That was a very happy day, and I found out
right before an already planned trip to the Mall of America, so it was a little
dangerous—he, he! Also, I had been
thinking of getting a Lego Table for John and a desk to play school for Sara,
and somehow I turned those over to Jared’s capable hands—I’m no dummy! He ended up spending a ton of time on each
project (seriously, a TON of time), but he learned a lot, and the end results
were amazing! We found an old school
desk on Craigslist that he totally took apart and refinished and painted bright
pink. Sara LOVES it (and Michael and
John, too). He totally built John’s
table and it is awesome! Okay, I have to
post pictures...
Santa brought some good Legos for both big kids, and a
Harley for Michael. Really. Lots of other good movies and books, games,
toys, etc. Oh, and he brought an RC
helicopter for John that is fun to do inside—Michael goes back and forth
between loving it and being terrified!
Sara also got a chalkboard/white board easel to complete her school, so
that is cute. She always talks about
being a teacher when she grows up...cute.
The kids have 3 weeks off at Christmas, so they get to just
play and play with all the new stuff. I
actually like it, and we had a lot of fun but most of it was bitter cold or
weird and rainy, so we didn’t even go sledding once! We did go swimming with friends, to the Mall
of America to ride the rides, and to the dentist, so that was a party,
right?
Oh, and John got picked to be one of the four 2nd
graders in the Spelling Bee, so that will be cool. Don’t know how he got so smart! J
Michael is a climbing fool all of a sudden, and I am
exhausted most days by noon. He has
figured out how to get out of the high chair, too, so he is never still for a
moment! He is not taking to nursery well
unless Jared stays with him—and he can open the doors at church so he escapes
repeatedly, but he is still totally funny!
When we went swimming he was crazy and loved it. He climbed out and jumped in over and over
and my friend and I were laughing so hard trying to keep up with him! Then when we were done he peed on me. Thanks.
My favorite new thing is he will fold his hands out in front of him and
look down for prayers. Seriously cute! He is also totally catching the Cars bug that
John had, so it’s a little “dejavu-y”, and luckily John has turned over the car
collection, which is now strewn throughout the house most of the time! Brings back a lot of memories!
Got to run!
2 comments:
It was fun to hear from you and I am glad that things are going well!
Yes, I would love to see pictures of Jared's creations/renovations. Raylie has started the climbing thing too, so I totally empathize with you. Great to hear about everyone!
Post a Comment