Things went pretty smoothly (although my coworkers have complained that not eating much sugar has caused irritability and decreased mental acuity). I only hit two snags. First, there was the time when, after about 6 weeks of impeccable diet and exercise adherence, I got the bright idea to have a "free day," where I would be allowed to eat whatever I wanted for a whole day. I went to McDonald's for lunch, and ate two McRibs, a large fry, and a large coke (and possible two apple pies - it's a little hazy). How the normal stomach can handle a meal like that is beyond me, but a - shall we say - "unprepared" stomach can not handle that. The meal spent a grand total of 15 minutes in my body doing its Monaco Grand Prix impersonation before it was expurgated with extreme prejudice.
The second snag was when, because my diet had changed, I had some heartburn. I went to the hall closet to take what I thought were some old antacid pills. I was accustomed to taking three of these pills back when I used to use this medicine regularly. To my everlasting regret, I did not read the pills or the blister carefully, and ended up taking a triple dose of a medication marketed in Canada as The Magic Bullet - used to clear one's, uh, "system" prior to surgery. For close to a week, Kate kept calling our upstairs privy "Ground Zero." These snags, needless to say, completely disrupted my capacity for diet and exercise
Anyway, despite the brief interruptions, today I reached my goal. That's right - 50 pounds in 90 days. (I weigh roughly what I did when I got married). Kate was going to blog about it to brag on me, but I was wearing a tight shirt and she was so distracted she couldn't type. I was going to post a photo, but I got all my shirtless shots mixed up with some pictures of Matthew McConaughey and now I can't tell them apart. I'm pretty sure this one is me though.
I'm glad it's such a good look for me. Turns out I'm going to be going shirtless for a while, because now I don't have any clothes.
Jared Morton
10 comments:
Thats awesome man. Good job!!!!
WOW!!! That is INCREDIBLE! I'm so impressed. And although that is a very nice picture of Matthew ... you better post some REAL pictures soon. That is really amazing. Seriously ... good job! And go SHOPPING already. :) Great post by the way. You can always make me laugh. Miss you.
Congrats! Seth told me that last night and when I saw this post I was hoping for a picture. Feel free to wait until you get a shirt though. But seriously...congrats!
Pretty sure I didn't give birth to Matt, but I.m sure you look just as good! Congratulations!!
So incredible, holy cow!!! And I'm with the other comments- the people demand pictures!!! Sorry about those setbacks... that sounds horrible. Miss you!
You know, with you attitude and vocabulary and catchy phrasing you should be a professional blogger somewhere or write editorials or something. You really had me laughing. Congrats again! Proud of you.
Nicely done Jared! You had me laughing pretty hard with this one....I guess I'd better get cracking...sounds like I'm the big brother now. Miss you guys.
Way to go! When I first started reading this I thought it was Katelin and I was trying to figure out how she lost 50 lbs. I was certain that was all she weighed.
Go Jared. That's some serious will power!
You'd better go straight to the Mall of America for a shopping spree. How fortuitous that it is so close! No kidding, we are so proud of your singleminded
accomplishment. Good job!
Holy wow, Jared! You sounded determined to reach your goal with the diet and exercise. I'm so glad you achieved it. Congrats, and we'll definitely need to see the new you.
Post a Comment