Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Break--Zoo Babies

We just started back up at school after a two week hiatus. We had a lot of fun crammed in there, and I'm trying to decide how many pictures to post in this post. I'm thinking just from the zoo day, although I still have lots of others to get up here, too. We went with some of our friends from John's school, and these little ones just have the best time together (and we moms chat for hours every time we get together, so I guess we have a little bit of fun, too).

What am I writing all this for? Zoo pictures are pretty self-explanatory. Enjoy!

Oh, hey, Mom--notice that Sara is wearing the pants you gave her? SO cute!

John and Alex spent several minutes trying to decide if these alligators were real, because they were so still. Good way to get boys to hold still, too! :o)



In the wolf area: I assume they want the kids to climb on this? Who knows!







And in this picture, that is a real wolf showing between the kids...pretty cool!


In this picture, John is climbing up this fake rock thing that I don't think they really intended for this use, but the kids had a ball with this, although they got a little nervous, too!







How cute is this next one? It's like a Sea World ad...love the obvious wonder and amazement!

It's hard to tell, but John liked having this shark get so close...

In the time we were at this hands-on exhibit, two kids went in the drink, and evidently it happens all the time! I was trying to keep a tight grip on my monkeys--didn't think they'd want to fall in with the sting rays and little sharks, but they loved touching them!




They couldn't hold this next pose for long:

We stayed a few minutes longer than the others and played on this playground:
nothing like a giant mosquito!

or a spider's web!
And then I tried to take some nice pictures, but shouldn't have given him gum...






I really like these last ones in black and white:


Anyway, it was an awesome day at the zoo! Thanks Tonya and Wendy!

4 comments:

The Whitings said...

So I am looking at your blog right now because we are in tornado warning state at school. Always fun. I love the zoo pics. I wish we had a wolf exhibit sounds great. Wish we could come and visit you guys! hopefully next spring or something.

Seth and Julie said...

Good pictures! I love that you threw your kids to the wolves for a good shot. Your Fall break is a lot better than ours. We have this Thursdy and Friday off and that's it, but we do have two Spring breaks this year. Weird!

Can't wait to see the rest of the festivities.

LeShel said...

I love the pics of your kids at the end. Everybody and their great picture ability.
Super fun zoo trip

Carlsbad Whitings said...

Your blogs are always so worth the wait! What a fun day at the zoo, and what a great zoo! Sara looks so beautiful and her hair looks so long. John looks like a contented, obedient school boy with just a little larceny in him. Terrific pictures and so cute! J2 mentions tornadoes. The national weather didn't look great for Minn either. We even had 50 mph winds here yesterday. Hang on to your hats!