Monday, February 8, 2010

Just wanted to keep you waiting a little longer...

So, you were all pretty much right, and I'm the new Young Women's President. I'm very excited, and begging for all your input--give me ideas of your favorite activities, favorite camp things, anything you can think of! :o)

I really feel like the ward here is great and will be supportive, I think my counselors are awesome, and the girls are great, too.

Here's one thing, though--our ward has to do our own camp this summer! Yikes! I've never heard of that, but I guess here the Stake only does it every other year, so that seems intimidating, but I think it'll be fun to figure all that out.

So, that's the news. I hear that the the K-town ward has news, too--I know congratulations isn't really the right thing to say, but it's hard to know exactly what to say. How about--he'll be great, Emma!

14 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats, Katelin! I know you'll do wonderfully being YW Prez. It's definitely a good fit. Don't have any ideas off hand because I didn't grow up being in YW, and I was only a secretary when I was in YW. Didn't have much input for that calling.

Yes, it was a weird, and emotional day yesterday in the Keno Ward. But I guess it was time to move on to new endeavors. Bishop Bruner was a great choice.

Kati said...

Awesome Katelin! That is so cool, I am so excited for you! That will rock! And ward camp is awesome... that's how our stake did it too, every other year. It's a fun way to get to go somewhere unique and have it be just your girls. So cool, yay! You will do great!

LeShel said...

You will do fantastic!! You were amazing with the activity day girls and now you get to work with more fun girls!

Your ward is LUCKY

cindave said...

cool! congrats!! here are some camp ideas...how about running around in your underwear to go pee at night and suddenly seeing the stake president's flashlight coming down the path? or how about piercing ears in a tent with a nail? or locking people in the latrines? so many good ideas to draw from our past experiences! what? not the kind of ideas you're looking for?

The Kindle Family said...

YOu will do an AWESOME JOB! How exciting! Camp may be more fun as a ward, you will get to know your girls better :)

Melissa said...

Hey Kate! That is AWESOME! You'll be so great! I am the second counselor in the Young Womens right now (for my third time in six years). I LOVE it! I am the counselor over camp for our ward and we're doing our own ward camp this year too, so I'd LOVE it if we can share ideas! You know about www.sugardoodle.net - right? They have great ideas on there.

Cheryl said...

That's what I thought it would be. You will be awesome.
My favorite thing back in my YW days is that we had a YW binder. It was a white binder with the clear sheet holder on the front where they printed out a cover page we could design. Then the inside had different sections for each value.
Every lesson we would get handouts for whatever value that lesson could be included in.
I loved it and still have mine and use it as a resource.

Seth and Julie said...

Can't give you any advice since you know I am destined to spend my entire church career in Primary. (which I love, just so no one thinks I am complaining) I am not cool enough or hot enough for Young Women's. That's where they put "those" moms. You will be so great. You were a natural with the Activity Day girls, and I know you will have so much to offer to the YW.

Katelin said...

You are all the BEST--thanks again for the kind words, and keep thinking of any ideas to send my way! :o)

Lis, we'll definitely have to share ideas! I'm sure you are so fun in YW--wish you were in my ward here! And yes, I love Sugardoodle--so helpful!

Carlsbad Whitings said...

I have a suggestion. Get yourself a copy of the just released CD of the MTC "Heavensong". It is one "that encourages contemplation, speaks peace, and grants serenitiy to the anxious spirit." No kidding! Jim sent me one and it is sublime. "The music heard here is an oasis of repose from the hectic strains of today's world." Try it, you'll love it!

Baxter Bruner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

Thanks Katelin! You will be an awesome YW pres. It has to be one of the best callings!!! The girls will love you!

Megan, Maggie, Eva and Justin said...

Ideas for Girls Camp:

I hear ice fishing is great in June up in your area. Jared could give some lessons about it to the girls. Good life skills.

Oh yeah and play lots of hockey.

You will be great!!

John + Jamie = A Delavan Family said...

Katelin,
you are going to rock your yw! they are blessed to have you, i miss having you here, it was an emotional day, sunday, it was hard, we are blessed to have bishop bruner though.
(i loved yw! it's a great calling to be in, you are going to love it!) have fun planning the camp trip, i know you will come up with a great plan! take care.
jamie