Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Third Time's A Charm

We just had such a fun weekend at the Dells, I just had to post about it, even though I don't have that many pictures. This was our third time going to the Dells, and this time the kids did so great--no puking and they even did the slides and things!!! We were just thrilled, because John was just having such a ball going on the slides over and over with Brooklyn, and Sara even did quite a lot! They had been saying they weren't going to do the "big" slides for weeks, so I was just worried that they'd stick to the baby slides again, which is okay, but you know what I mean, right? I just wanted them to have fun and not be terrified of the big things. So, I guess the third time was the charm for them, because they really warmed right up to everything. YAY!

Of course it was also super fun to see Jared's sisters and their oldest boys, too. They planned this trip to come out to Wisconsin to visit us and Jake's fam before we moved--oops! So, we ended up meeting at the Dells for a few days to hang out, and it was a lot of fun. I'm sad we didn't get to do Chicago stuff with them, but they did do some of that without us. They still will have to come to Minnesota sometime, though, right?

We only had Friday evening, Saturday, and then Sunday morning, so it was a short trip, but it was a nice little break. We made the most of it by staying up till 3:30 am Friday night/Saturday morning, and I paid for it Sunday afternoon. I basically slept from 5:30 on, but it was worth it.

Of course we did the waterpark thing, and we all loved the Hurricane ride. I don't think that could ever get old. I meant to take some pictures this time, but forgot the camera both days, so Lis, I want copies of yours, if you don't mind.

We also did the arcade thing, which I hadn't done before (we usually let the guys take the kids there), and it was fun. Jared worked very strategically to get a ton of tickets. John has been planning on getting this Triceratops wooden skeleton puzzle since our last trip and it was like 575 tickets or something. We also let the kids do lots of the games they wanted to, and we then got even luckier when a couple just gave us all their 500+ tickets, because they didn't have any kids. Anyway, we were able to get the puzzle and the cute princess bear that Sara is holding and still some other smaller things. My favorite was the "Deal or No Deal" game. One time I played and won 53 tickets and the second I only won 6 or something, but I really liked that one. I love the show, too!


Oh, I forgot to mention the laser tag. John was old enough, and he was a little excited--can't you tell? We did that late Saturday night, but he had energy to spare. It was so fun to watch him wander around the course shooting people; I loved it. I barely scored higher than he did, and Jared won, but we don't have to mention that, right? Thanks, Lis, for hanging with Sara, and for treating--we'll have to get you back!

Sara and Brooklyn played so cute together--
Just to explain the last pictures, we were planning on finding a church in the area to attend, but it started at 9, and we didn't think we could get checked out and ready and everything by then, and Jake's group had found one near Milwaukee at 1 that they could go to, so they weren't planning to leave till about 11. Anyway, there wasn't one that we could catch at 1, so we didn't get in our church clothes, except Sara, just because she wanted to.





It was so great to see everyone! Let's do it again!

6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I wish we could've come up to meet you but I doubt Jared's family would enjoy us stealing you from them.

I am so excited that the kids found their courage. It is so much more fun when they are having fun.

Carlsbad Whitings said...

Aren't families great? How nice to have such a good time with relatives. We are so lucky to like ours! I can't believe how grown-up John looks with the laser tag stuff, boys like their guns. Just canned the third batch of tomatoes and the weather has turned coolish here. Must be time for a Fall trip. Got to go over to the church and check the organ, somebody said it wasn't working. Like I know how to fix it!
Can't wait to see you all!

Melissa said...

Wow Katelin! That was fast. I was just starting to think about maybe getting this blog post done sometime, and then I get on here, and here yours is! I'm impressed.

We had such a fun time with you guys. I'll get my pictures posted soon. I'm so glad we got to see you all. We had a great time! Can't wait until next time. Love ya!

LeShel said...

How fun! Glad you got to spend some time with family.

Kjel needs your address (not in the creepy way but in the send the records on way).
e-mail me gotberg@hotmail.com

Kati said...

SO fun!!! Sounds like y'all had such a great time, that is awesome! The Dells sound so amazing. And I love arcades, I think winning all those tickets is awesome. Yeah, I know I'm weird... :-) Glad you had fun!

A 'n D said...

you guys are amazing! it sounds like things have been going so well for the past several weeks - i'm very impressed! i still feel like i'm not over my move from last DECEMBER - - yeah, i said it.

live there long enough so i can afford a trip to come visit!