Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Duck hunt

I never thought I'd have a post like this, but here you go! Jared brought home a duck from hunting last Saturday morning and the kids totally loved it. John wanted to hold it, and even helped Daddy "take it apart." Although, I should note that Sara asked several times how it can fly, and we weren't sure how to explain it all. Anyway, Jared had a ball--he says it's just like the Nintendo game, and I guess it's a good survival skill, and who knew duck meat was red like a steak? Lis, Jared really wants to serve you duck meat sometime, so you can consider yourself warned!

6 comments:

Team Ryan said...

Ryan will enjoy this post, but he will also be jealous because Jared got to go hunting! So what did you make with it?

I am so glad it is getting chilly here (is it even fair to say chilly in Arizona???) Well I am excited because I've been craving your Broccoli soup and Squash soup too... YAY!!! MISS YA!!!!!

Seth and Julie said...

Oh the many hobbies of Jared. We need to find just one hobby and be even half as fanatical about it as Jared is about his hobbies.

Did you eat the duck? How adventurous.

Melissa said...

EEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Melissa said...

Nice getup by the way. Hello?!! He could have been a duck hunter for Halloween!

Katelin said...

Lis, do you think he could have brought the gun as a prop for the trunk-or-treat? :o) No, I know, I'll make him wear his waders and fishing stuff next year, I'm sure he'd love that!

Melissa said...

Well that would have been a good way to get a rise out of people for sure!